Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points23 posts
Posted - Edited
When you get an item that dont have any icon other than Durability, what is the correct way to go about in? Regarding both In Hand Limit (Count as blue Idea?), making it into the item (just lay it down free?), and when combining? Pretty sure we're doing it right but itd be nice to confirm since the rulebook dont cover nonIdea items; especially with hand count.
Posted
You must have found an item. It goes straight into your inventory.

Rules p. 15.
Traducteur des deux jeux
Translator of both games
Posted
These items must be add to your inventory (no crafting cost).
You may combinate it in a items column but, as there's no keyword, you can't add the durability. Fortunatly, there's often a sentence that say the durability for using this item doesn't decrease the die.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
So if youre at limit already to Inventory when you obtain it, its instant Discard/Past?
Posted
Not exactly. You can choose to discard another item (all its cards) to make a slot free, then put your founded item on it.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
I just want to seek a little more clarification around this post.
Last night I was playing a found a card that was a 1 pip item, and said on the card at the bottom "durability for using this item doesn't decrease the die.", there was no key words on the item.

(Playing solo), I had 4 slots, of which one slot, had two skill cards with 6 pips, another had three food items with 3 pips, another slot had four cards with 4 pips, and another had three cards with 5 pips.

My question here is, where can I put this card, after I pick it up, based off of the inventory above. So that I'm not losing any abilities from other cards, or pips.

Any also, I might be thinking dumb, but what does "durability for using this item doesn't decrease the die." mean? It has a 1 pip on it, if i used it once, wouldn't it get discarded?
Posted
  • Slot 1 : 6:icon_d6: with :card_blue::card_blue:
  • Slot 2 : 3:icon_d6: with :card_blue::card_blue::card_blue: (food)
  • Slot 3 : 4:icon_d6: with :card_blue::card_blue::card_blue::card_blue:
  • Slot 4 : 5:icon_d6: with :card_blue::card_blue::card_blue:

Maximum in solo mode : 4 x :icon_d6: with :card_blue::card_blue::card_blue::card_blue:

Q1/
You may add the item anywhere you are able to. In your case, slots 1, 2 and 4. (no3 is full)
As the found item has no keyword, you can't increase the value of the die.
All effects of your cards stay like before.

I recommand the Slot no1 : because with a die of 6, you can add 2 other items but without the keyword bonus on durability. Therefore, it's a good deal to use a card space in this slot for a card without keyword and/or no shared keyword.

Q2/
The item card is discarded only if it's write on it (and it is often the case for this kind of item). But if the whole pile go to 0 pip, all cards are discared of course.
For example : if you add the item on your slot no2, the die stay on a value of 3.
  • You do the :action_eat: action : the die change to 2 and there are 4x:card_blue: in this item.
  • You use the effect of the specific item (:action_condition::action_climb: for exemple) : the die stay on 2. We assume the effect doesn't ask you to discard the card.
  • You do the :action_eat: action : the die change to 1 and there are 3x:card_blue: in this item.
  • You do the :action_eat: action : the die change to 0 and there are 2x:card_blue: in this item. ==> All the 2 cards are discared (including the specific item).

I hope my bad English gives you enough clear explanations!
Posted
Thankyou Firebird. It did answer most of my question.

The only thing I'm unsure of, is, for example: I picked up a Potion card from a search action on a card, and at the bottom it didn't have any key words, but said "durability for using this item doesn't decrease the die."

If the durability isn't decreased when it is used, does the 1 pip still get added to the item stack it's added to?
Posted
Just to be sure :
  • The rule (page 20) says that you win an extra-durability if the combinated item (found or crafted) and the first item of the column have the same keyword.
  • So, you can combinate every item cards together even if you don't win any bonus on durability.

In your case, 2 possibilities :
  • If you put this item as a single card on a empty slot :
    - All the next item cards in this column won't give you an extra on durability (because there's no keyword on the Potion).
    - You put a die with a value of 1.
    - You can use this item as often as you want, without changing the pips... except if the effect ask you to discard this card, of course.
  • If you add this item on a slot with other cards :
    - When you compare the keyword of the first item card and your Potion card : no commun words. The pip stay as before.
    - You can trigger effects on those cards as usual (-1:icon_d6: for one or more effects). But if you choose to use only the Potion effect, you don't need to decrease the die.
Posted
Again Firebird. Thankyou. This has resolved my issue. And makes perfect sense now. I think it may have been the fact I was up til 2am the other night playing and fatigue set in. Haha. Thankyou again.
Posted
So am I correct in reading this post that it's answering the question about using an action on a constructed item in your inventory?

Basically is it saying, that unless the card specifically says "Do not decrease the durability of the item," when you use an action on an item card you decrease the durability? It's not exactly clear in the rules, unless I'm missing it.
Posted
Using an action on an item card decreases durability.
Rules page 21, top:
A player may use an item in their inventory – by lowering its durability by 1 – either to apply some or all of the the item’s effects [...], or to take an action featured on this item.
Posted
The Whiskey bottle has the text "Using this does not lower the durability of the item", but I am confused about this text when it is combined.

Let's say the Whiskey bottle is the 1st item, and you combine other items (under the whiskey bottle card). Can the combined item be used without loosing durability, or does this only apply to the action on the whiskey bottle itself?
Posted - Edited
I'm quoting myself. ;-)
Firebird wrote:
You can trigger effects on those cards as usual (-1:icon_d6: for one or more effects). But if you choose to use only the Potion whiskey effect, you don't need to decrease the die.
Posted
So in the case of the Whiskey bottle (which has a durability of 1), it would be unwise to combine other items under it. As soon as you use the other pieces of the combined item, it would all go away.
Posted - Edited
That's right, except if you combine an item card with a common keywork (the durability will increase over 1).
Posted
jparkerweb wrote:
So in the case of the Whiskey bottle (which has a durability of 1), it would be unwise to combine other items under it. As soon as you use the other pieces of the combined item, it would all go away.

when you use the top non-Idea card (e.g. whiskey) it removes itself without consuming a pip, so you're left with a 1-pip on the item stack and the previously-second item now on top, which, if it has keywords, can be added to in the normal crafting process (or if it's an item like firestarter or bolas, it is no loss).
Posted
dill wrote:
Using an action on an item card decreases durability.
Rules page 21, top:
A player may use an item in their inventory – by lowering its durability by 1 – either to apply some or all of the the item’s effects [...], or to take an action featured on this item.

Thanks, it would have been nice had they put a (refer to page 21) next to the description #6 of where you can take an action on the page where actions are described on page 10.
Posted
Sorry for silly question, but I'm not sure if I understood correctly:
I have a shovel with a 3:icon_d6:. I've got an food 1:icon_d6:. When I add the food under the shovel then pips are or aren't changed according to key words on both of cards (obvious). The question is if proceeding an :action_eat: action on food card decrease durability of shovel item?
Posted
Yes, for eating the food you have to decrease the durability of the shovel-food-item.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points23 posts