Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points7 posts
Posted
If the top card of a combined item has a consequence which instructs me to "Return this."...how does that affect the combined item? I know "this" only refers to the card and not the item. But, exactly what should happen with the item?

Does the second-most card in the stack automatically get the die placed on it and become the new top card for the combined item?

If so, is this mentioned in the rules anywhere? I mean, it seems like the rules would work this way...but I can't find it explicitly stated anywhere in the manual.
Posted
Yes and yes
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
Don't remember the page but I'm pretty sure the rules for combining items have a section on what happens when an individual item is removed from a stack.

Anyway it works exactly as you describe. Whatever's on top of the stack is the new top card, the die stays on top of the stack at the same durability.
Posted
Thank you both for the clarification. I'll go back and look through the manual again, somehow I missed that part.
Posted
JackSpirio wrote:
Yes and yes
I'd expect that second yes to be followed by a rules reference...

Oh, wait, coming from you that's of course unnecessary! ;-)
Posted
jhaelen wrote:
JackSpirio wrote:
Yes and yes
I'd expect that second yes to be followed by a rules reference...

Oh, wait, coming from you that's of course unnecessary! ;-)

Yes, because I sleep on my rule book *facepalm*
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
WithCheese wrote:
Does the second-most card in the stack automatically get the die placed on it and become the new top card for the combined item?

FWIW, i have yet to see a real citation in this thread, but: way back when i asked that same question and the designer responded with yes, the next card becomes the top one. i don't recall if that was in this forum or BGG, though, and don't have a link to the citation, only my memory of the designer answering it for me.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points7 posts