Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General6 posts
Posted
I just had my first playthrough and I think I'm beginning to scratch the surface of the rules, but just a few turns in I came across a couple of things that, for the life of me, couldn't find mentioned in the rulebook. Did I somehow miss something completely when I was reading the rules, or are these things not mentioned anywhere at all...?

Firstly, what's the icon here mean? The swirl icon...I can tell it's on a banner and I found the rules regarding banners...but I can't find this icon referenced anywhere in the rules (on the player aid card, the banners show a # symbol, not a swirl icon). Do I just treat this like any other banner, per the rules?

Secondly, what does it mean when I have icons on the border of a box, for skill cards? I know what these icons refer to (fight/cure/heal/etc.) but what does it mean when these icons are on the border of a box on a skill card's face?

Apologies if this stuff is somewhere in the rulebook and I somehow overlooked it I swear I looked through it at least 3 times trying to find the answers...
Posted
1. Any other banner, try to find the matching action.
2. You pick which effect/s you want to apply to a given action.
Posted
1. it works exactly as in the rules described, they just used a example symbol there
2. when you do a heal action, you can use both boxes (if you announced to use that item for the action). If it is a fight action, you only can use the left one
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
JackSpirio wrote:
1. it works exactly as in the rules described, they just used a example symbol there

so it just gets treated as a banner per the instructions on the player aid card?
Posted
Blue banners are like key/keyhole pairs.

Some items or knowledge (or other things) can make a different result on an action, so the result card number is modified by adding another number.

Which object modify which action is based on the icon. What the icon look like is not relevent and there is no need for an entry on specific icon in the rules (and each extension add some of these pairs).

Purple banner works the same but are related to curses and therefore are often related with some hints or satchel cards.

Note that using it is not required, except if specified on the card (some purple cases), and therefore you could prevent using the item and pick the main result card instead.
Posted
for thz blue banners for instance, if you go in a cave well you go in the dark? but if you go with a torch? it might be different right?
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General6 posts