Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect10 posts
Posted
So, I've combined a club (3 uses) with the bolas (1 use) so I now have a combined item with 4 uses. If I use the bolas ability (which says to discard it after use), do I do so? Do I also reduce my durability number down to 3?
Posted
You reduce the uses on the item to 3, draw cards and then you can decide if you want to use the bolas effects, of you do you add those stars and discard the bolas, if you don't, you only use the stars from the club, but keep both cards at 3 pips.
Posted
Great! That's what I thought. So I used the bolas, so I discard that but keep the club with a '3' on it. Thank you! Loving it so far, what an amazing game.
Posted
IthilAlqua wrote:
You reduce the uses on the item to 3, draw cards and then you can decide if you want to use the bolas effects.
I was under the impression that you needed to chose to use it before drawing the cards.
Posted - Edited
zederfjell wrote:
IthilAlqua wrote:
You reduce the uses on the item to 3, draw cards and then you can decide if you want to use the bolas effects.
I was under the impression that you needed to chose to use it before drawing the cards.

IthilAlqua is right :
- before drawing, you have to choose which objects (columns) you want to activate (-1:icon_d6:)
- after drawing, you may use any effect on these objects (among the cards of these activated columns). You can choose to apply no effect at all, but the durability is lost anyway.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Oooh good to know. Is the secret weapon
GUN
work the same way?
Posted
Yes, that works the same way.
Posted
Posted
If I have a combined item and, after use, i must discard the top card, must I discard the other cards as well?
Posted
myongsun wrote:
If I have a combined item and, after use, i must discard the top card, must I discard the other cards as well?

==> if you must discard the object because the pip is to 0 (or by choice) :
All the cards are discarded.

==> if you must discard this card because of an instruction on it (ex: bolas) or from another card (ex: character's capacity) :
- You discard this card only.
- The 2nd card becomes the first one, so its keywords will be taken into account for the next combination.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect10 posts