Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points13 posts
Posted
If I am reading the rule book correctly, the general skill cards and the character specific skill cards (for the character/s you are playing) make up the Action Deck.

What about the Advanced Skill cards? I know that you buy them with experience points and the game will tell you when but how do you choose which one?

Should I go through them all and put them in cost order so when a card tells me "You can spend 1 exp. point" I can choose from any available without having to look for them.

Or do I shuffle them at the start of a game and get told to "Pick an
Advanced Skill card" and then either buy it or discard it depending on whether I have enough exp.?
Posted
The game will indeed tell you when. It will also tell you how you choose the skill cards. So no need to sort them or do anything until the game tells you.
Posted
Cool. I thought that was the case when the rule book didn't mention them but it just seemed such a glaring oversight. Like a line of text had been accidently missed rather than purposely not put in
Posted
How often do we get to choose them? I mean, are XP worth pursuing en masse or it's just once a time when see easy one?

Food is kinda scare resource and used a lot, how about XPs? :)
Posted
Most of the places that let you buy advanced skills let you buy as many times as you like, although most places you have to do a small action each time. So it's not really possible to get way too much XP and not be able to spend it all -- if XP's piling up it is because you haven't been somewhere you can spend it yet, and when you find somewhere you can dump a whole lot of it.

The total cost of all advanced skills is in the hundreds, although there are some you are probably better off without.

It is not especially important to go out of your way to pursue XP. Buying advanced skills isn't really like eating food -- you don't need them. There are only two or three that I consider indispensable, and as it happens, they're all cheap. You can get the three cards I'm currently picturing for (I think) 11 XP, and that's if you have to pay full price. Anything except those few cards is just a cool option -- some of them are very nice, some are basically useless, but nothing is critical. Even the few I really like aren't really critical -- you can get by without just fine with no advanced skills at all.

XP comes in at a pretty decent rate even if you don't go to much effort to collect it. You can if you want to, but it's just a Thing To Do, kind of like Examine the Notes, it isn't an immediate part of your survival like hunting for food. There's one curse that features an XP grind pretty significantly, obviously, it's more important there.

As has been said in this thread, you don't have to touch the advanced skill pile until you're instructed to by a card. However, it is important to note that you are allowed to. The exploration and adventure decks are supposed to be unknown, you're not supposed to look through them, but if you want to go through the advanced skills and see what your options there are, you can do that whenever.
Posted
Each card also helps you, as it’s one card more and some got good stars and 7evens
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
Posted
Do you choose the advanced skill cards when the text says
"draw 4 skill cards"
or you just
draw the first cards in the deck after shuffled it
?
Posted
Andreas86m wrote:
Do you choose the advanced skill cards when the text says
"draw 4 skill cards"
or you just
draw the first cards in the deck after shuffled it
?

You must draw the first cards in the deck after shuffled it ! :card_blue:
7th Continent icon_succes. Havrenuit icon_succes. Tainded Grail icon_succes Zombicide card_type_temporary_event. The 7th Citadel: w00t
Posted
Shuffle then draw.

But if you can find a way to take the 000 repeatedly without having to spend any cards, you can keep trying until you find the card you want. So if you can do that, you might as well just pick.
Posted
Hello everyone.I know that it doesn't state anywhere on the rulebook that you are allowed to keep advance skill cards throughout expeditions every time you reset a game ( either by starting a new mission or simply cause you died and had to restart the mission)but here's the thing,until you manage to collect enough xp ,then find a way to trait/buy adv. skill cards then manage to get your hands to the card then if lets say its an item and manage to build it(cause atm you might have more important things to do) then find a situation where you need to use it (if any arouse) you ll most probably be near the end of your game .So every time you wont get a good chance to use any of the advance items .So the only way is to keep some if not all of those cards for your next missions,at lwast the ones from last game.This is a logic most board games follow to reward you for your effords.We kept many cards throughout our sessions and still couldnt find a good use for some of them for various reasons..
Posted
Hey I’m pretty sure the rules say “take all the skills and all the character-specific skills and shuffle them to form the action deck.” That means just those and you have to leave out the advanced skill cards from game to game.
Posted
In my first game I bought nearly all advanced skills and used a lot of them many times before it was over.
Sure not all curses take that long, but still you should have enough time, to be able to use them to some extinct
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points13 posts