Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points11 posts
Posted
Hello!

I have a few questions about the gold adventure card 289:

So the gold card appears after you banish the green card and basically has a hunt action with several consequences based on the number of successes you get, along with a rest action that returns the card if successful
My questions:
1) can i use the hunt action several times consecutively ?
2) can i attempt to rest without hunting? Or does the hunt action have to occur before i attempt to rest?
3) My main question is, what use is the rest action? Why should i spend energy/use an item to return the card if I can do it for free after saving? Also, even if I return it to the stack, what benefit do i get from that? It’s not like it’s gonna give me a chance to draw a green 289 for an easier hunt since the only green one has been already banished
My guess is that it gets summoned at other locations and returning it to the stack allows me to hunt in those locations too. Other than that i don’t see any benefits in spending energy to return it. Any thoughts on the matter? Am I missing something?
Posted
Hello !
That is my answers :
  1. Yes, because there's no intruction to banish or return the gold card at the end of the hunting consequence.
  2. Yes, you can rest without hunting. It's 2 separate actions.
  3. I don't have the game in hand to check the specific case of #289. Only one :card_green: version, sure ? In this case, I agree with you : no benefits to rest/explore again. Just a precision : rest and save don't have exactly the same effect because after save, all the cards in Past return in game (with rest, it's only the #289 card).
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
The official card list shows that the base game contains two 289 cards only (A0751 and A0752), the third 289 (D1167) comes with the Swamp of Madness expansion.
Posted
Thanks!

I was just making I hadn’t missed anything! I guess the developers put it in there to be compatible with potential future expansions..
Posted
Are you sure you were suppose to banish the green 289 card? Usually you only discard the green card so it returns after you rest.
Posted
KaceCarter wrote:
Are you sure you were suppose to banish the green 289 card? Usually you only discard the green card so it returns after you rest.

Usually, there is this symbol at the end of the hunting consequence on a green card : :green_into_gold:
This is a Bannish instruction (look at the red arrow on the symbol as a good mnemonic trick).
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Firebird wrote:
KaceCarter wrote:

Usually, there is this symbol at the end of the hunting consequence on a green card : :green_into_gold:
This is a Bannish instruction (look at the red arrow on the symbol as a good mnemonic trick).

I think this is rule is very overlooked.
It appears to me that a lot of people forget to banish the green card, and so the hunting grounds are always fresh after a good night sleep...
Maybe this topic should be in the FAQs.
Posted
This is on my (too long) todo list for the new FAQ version. :-)
Posted
Followup discussion. Understanding that taking the rest action causes the gold version to be returned, my co-player insisted the we could also get rid of any Tired cards we had (at least any involved person). The reasoning is that if this is a good place to rest (which i why the action exists), then after resting we should not be tired. There is a cost to get the resting place back in play, if later we choose to go back there to rest again. We just have to remember that it is there.

Somebody please agree or disagree (and if you disagree, please tell me why).

Thank you
Posted
DavidH wrote:
Understanding that taking the rest action causes the gold version to be returned, my co-player insisted the we could also get rid of any Tired cards we had (at least any involved person).

- On the Tired card, there's an action :action_rest:. This is NOT an effect :action_condition::action_rest: triggered by another action :action_rest:
- On the huntind gold card, there's also an action :action_rest:.

At your turn, you must choose what is the action you want to play. Apply the consequence :white_box:/:black_box:.
Posted
Worth noting that Hungry and Bloody do work like that. They're brown boxes, which means they drop when you take that action, but they don't give you a way to take it. Tired is like Injured, Frightened, or Terrified, it only drops when you take the action on the card, or when instructed to by a card effect. A few rest actions explicitly say they return your tired states, usually those at camps.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points11 posts