Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points15 posts
Posted - Edited
How does the lucky 7 ( :7: ) on a card work? I'm not sure I understand it's 'power'. Seems to me its just another 1 success :icon_succes:

Is it 'just another star' (success) point? Lets say it was on a card alone...would it count as 1 success or is it more than that?

If it's on my skill/item card,
hunting
for example, what is the difference between it and just another success?
Effect of the card :
:icon_succes: :icon_succes: :icon_succes: :icon_succes_7: :icon_succes_7:

Sorry if I'm too thick headed on this one- but I'm not 'getting it'. :O
Posted
Each :icon_succes_7: on the skill card that you play will turn every :7: drawn, which are normally useless into a success. Say you had performed an action and drew cards resulting in the following results:

:icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7::7:

If you had played a card with the :icon_succes_7: symbol, then your results would be 5 successes instead of 3. If you had played card(s) that had two :icon_succes_7: symbols, then you would have 9 successes!
Posted
Coligill wrote:
Each :icon_succes_7: on the skill card that you play will turn every :7: drawn, which are normally useless into a success. Say you had performed an action and drew cards resulting in the following results:

If you had played a card with the :icon_succes_7: symbol, then your results would be 5 successes instead of 3. If you had played card(s) that had two :icon_succes_7: symbols, then you would have 9 successes!

It's just the other way round.
If you draw a card with a :7: it turns all :icon_succes_7: into :icon_succes: on those items you used inthis action
:flag_curse_sm: : 5/7
Posted
OnkelZorni wrote:
If you draw a card with a :7: it turns all :icon_succes_7: into :icon_succes: on those items you used inthis action

So, for example,
let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes_7:, i have 3 success?
let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes_7::7:, i have 4 success?
let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes_7::icon_succes_7::icon_succes_7::7:, i have 6 success?
let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes_7::7::7::7:, do i have 6 success?
let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes_7::icon_succes_7::7::7::7:, do i have 9 success?

i think i too am a little dumb founded by the way the Lucky 7s work, i think i need a visual to have them explained, so if i am wrong with the above, let me know for all us dumbies' piece of mind :)
Posted
yes all your exemples are correct

number of successes = number of :icon_succes: + ( number of :icon_succes_7: x number of :7: )

note that :icon_succes_7: are never "drawn", they only come from crafted items or cards played from hand.
Posted
The 7th Continent is also ranked 777 currently on BGG. This doesn't answer your question, but I thought it was interesting.
Posted
Can't go wrong with irrelevant but mildly interesting facts.
Posted
Coligill wrote:
Draw : :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7::7:
If you had played card(s) that had two :icon_succes_7: symbols, then you would have 9 successes!

This example is wrong. You obtain 7 succeeses (3 + 2 +2).
:-)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Firebird wrote:
Coligill wrote:
Draw : :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7::7:
If you had played card(s) that had two :icon_succes_7: symbols, then you would have 9 successes!

This example is wrong. You obtain 7 succeeses (3 + 2 +2).
:-)

D'oh! Yes, that's what I meant to say,

Here, I'll try again:

-When you draw cards during a skill test, only the symbols on the left hand side are relevant.
-The cards can have :icon_succes:, :icon_success-left:,:icon_success-right:, and/or :7: symbols on the left hand side
-:icon_succes: symbols are plain successes, :icon_success-left: and :icon_success-right: symbols can combine to make a success, and :7: symbols are not successes, but have the potential to be converted into successes with skill cards and/or items.
-Each:icon_succes_7: symbol on skill cards and/or items that was played can convert a :7: symbol from the cards drawn into a success, and if you have multiple :icon_succes_7: symbols, the effect is multiplied.
-The effect is the same if you think of it backwards, where :7: symbols on the cards drawn turn :icon_succes_7: symbols on the skill cards and/or items used into successes
Posted
JonaBullets wrote:
OnkelZorni wrote:

So, for example,
1. let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes:, and played :icon_succes_7:, i have 3 success?
2. let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7: and played :icon_succes_7:, i have 4 success?
3. let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7: and played :icon_succes_7::icon_succes_7::icon_succes_7:, i have 6 success?
4. let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7::7::7: and played :icon_succes_7:, do i have 6 success?
5. let's say, i draw, :icon_succes::icon_succes::icon_succes::7::7::7: and played :icon_succes_7::icon_succes_7:, do i have 9 success?

i think i too am a little dumb founded by the way the Lucky 7s work, i think i need a visual to have them explained, so if i am wrong with the above, let me know for all us dumbies' piece of mind :)

1. yes, 3 successes
2. yes, 4 successes
3. yes, 6 successes
4. yes, 6 successes
5. yes, 9 successes

Looks like you've got it from what I can tell. :-)

*slight edits to your quote in italics to emphasize that :icon_succes_7: are not drawn, but are on skill cards and items
Posted
So, I think I got this:

drawing a :7: activates the :icon_succes_7: abilities on a skill card(s) already in possession. The abilities on the skill cards stack depending on the number of :icon_succes_7: printed on the skill card and the number of card drawn.
Posted
awesome responses explorers! thank you muchly!

CanadianExplorer wrote:
The 7th Continent is also ranked 777 currently on BGG. This doesn't answer your question, but I thought it was interesting.

Ha! That's some what spooky too!
Posted
The Paddle item has a :7: and not a :icon_succes_7: on it, is that another misprint? I don't understand the difference.
Posted
PeddaP wrote:
The Paddle item has a :7: and not a :icon_succes_7: on it, is that another misprint? I don't understand the difference.

There's no misprint.

I copy the first answer in this topic :
Coligill wrote:

So, when you play the Paddle, it is just like you draw a :7: symbol in the action deck, which is very good to be sure to obtain success from the :icon_succes_7: symbols of your items.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Skills with :7: are indeed very powerfull.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points15 posts