Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General7 posts
Posted
During the Kickstarter it was said, that you could only ever fly one space.
The actual rules, only state to fly in one direction and then to any reachable space.
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
Interesting.

A good bit of stuff has changed from the kickstarter I think.
Posted
What i'm not clear about: how exactly do i determine the direction?

Let's say i'm on a card with further cards leading two cards to the west and four cards to the north, but no open card to the north. Do i sail west or north to get to that card in the NNW? What if there are cards in all directions? What if i want to get to a card that's east from my position, but i can only reach it by going west first?
Posted
You leave the card in one direction, and then you can go anywhere that is connected from there. I would say you can’t cross a card more then once though, and can’t go over the one where you started.
Posted
But wouldn't that mean that once i have laid out a couple of cards in at least two adjacent rows, i can start movement in nearly any direction, no matter where i'm headed?
Posted
Unisus wrote:
But wouldn't that mean that once i have laid out a couple of cards in at least two adjacent rows, i can start movement in nearly any direction, no matter where i'm headed?

I'd say so reading the rules. But it seems rather unlikely to have such a situation.
Most of time, if I had a choice to do, it will be a chess knight move so left then up or up then left and the weather will tell me what to do.

But going east to do a U curve heading to the west due to weather could be quite right in terms of optimising cards but could also be relevent of the story (going around a storm). I'd say it is anyone choice what is a conform play or not on some cases.
Posted
Unisus wrote:

Correct, but I haven’t had this situation so far, I think they made that on purpose
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General7 posts