Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General19 posts
Posted - Edited
I'm like 50% done with a custom character card set for Dr. Dolittle. Is there, perhaps, a zip with all the icons somewhere I could use, to save myself an hour or two in photoshop messing with the PNP cards? If not, is that something you'd consider releasing? I'd be happy to help compile them if you wanted, I've done a similar project for the Looney Pyramids/Pyramid Arcade community recently.

(If anyone's curious about the fan character, this is the current state of his 6 cards:)
John Dolittle
Companion cards do not count against your green card limit.

When you could use a brown box ability on a card with the Companion keyword, you may apply: -1/Star

Water Pouch
3/0 Craft (-1 String/-2 Leaves), 3 Durability, Sleep, Gift, Anchor -2/Star, Serenity/Stamina

Animal Languages
When in hand: Gift, Hunt, Sneak -1/Star/Seven

Forage
In a Fragonia space
0/0 Cook: Shuffle 3 cards from the discard back into the action deck. Discard this.

Animal Magnetism
When taking a red card would cause you discard or banish a card with the Companion keyword, you may discard this to apply the following: avoid taking that red card.

You may discard this immediately after drawing 1 or more 150, 200, 250, or 300 cards to apply the following: Discard one of the cards you just drew.

I shall fix it!
4/0 Craft (-3 String -1 Bamboo): One involved character may double the durability of one of their items.
Posted - Edited
Hi :)
Ludovic (the author/illustrator) told us that a resource pack for fan creations is something he would like to offer to the community. But he never found the time to do it. :unsure:

For this web site, he gave us some pictos that you can use in this forum.
It's in the "smiley function".

An exemple : ;-)
John Dolittle
Companion cards :icon_hand_green: do not count against your green card limit.

When you could use a brown box ability :action_condition: on a card with the Companion keyword, you may apply: -1/Star -1:icon_succes:

:icon_hand_blue: Water Pouch
  • :action_craft::card_blue:3/0:icon_succes: (-1 :resource_vine:/-2:resource_foliage:)
  • Durability : 3 :icon_d6:
  • Effect : :action_condition::action_rest: / :action_condition::action_offer: / :action_condition::action_swim: ==> -2:icon_succes:
  • Keywords : Serenity/Stamina

[...]
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Those 'smilies' are very convenient!

If you are interested, the Pyramid Arcade folks were in the same boat. They thought it was a great idea to release a resource pack for fan creations, but they were already doing a thousand things at once and didn't have the time. So, they just sent me the raw InDesign files for the rulebook, which used all the icons they had and let me do the rest -- I pulled all the icons out of it, made new ones where there was something missing, and compiled into a large symbol library (over 300 symbols!) and an icon font.

I would be delighted to get the chance to do the same for the 7C community. If you sent me whatever file you use to lay out new cards, even if it's a crazy disorganized mess like most such files, I can organize a resource pack and send it to you for release.
Posted - Edited
I will forward your proposal to them.
Thank you !

For your information, we started to create a list of all missing icons (in french).
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Thank you! I will check out this thread.
Posted
It would be really nice to have an easily accessible collection of graphics to make fan cards. The monster-thing I used to make mine (here
) doesn't quite cut it.
Posted
@Accatitippi : Your version of Indiana jones is very fun ! I like the :flag_blue_sm: flag mecanism to learn experience in front of snakes IF you have your hat with you ! :D':thumb_up:

You should open a [Fan-made] topic to present it !
It will be a very good exemple for the author to see what the community can create. :)
Posted
I used accatitippi's templates to make some cards:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16wIiVmIcMYzcZKTmNMOyWc5eOe0MJyhn
Posted - Edited
New pictos from the files created by a french fan : :experience::sandglass::forbidden::black_box::white_box:
8-)

@Brisinere : Bruno thinks about your proposal. In any case, he thanks you very much !
Posted
brisingre wrote:

Please create a new topic with the tag [Fan made] in the title : your work will have a better visibility ! :-):thumb_up:
Posted
Firebird wrote:

@Brisinere : Bruno thinks about your proposal. In any case, he thanks you very much !

This is great news! Thank you for passing it along.

Firebird wrote:
brisingre wrote:

Please create a new topic with the tag [Fan made] in the title : your work will have a better visibility ! :-):thumb_up:

I shall make one. I'm probably going to revise these cards after playtesting and I'm still looking for a better font match, so they aren't a final version or anything, but I guess it won't hurt anything to post them as a work-in-progress. (By the way, what are the fonts used in The Seventh Continent?)
Posted
brisingre wrote:
(By the way, what are the fonts used in The Seventh Continent?)

I tried to compilate informations in this french topic :

Firebird wrote:
I am asked a fairly recurring question about the fonts used on this site and in the game.
I told myself that a dedicated topic might please some of you. :-)

Note : Caution because I did not have my information validated by Kamille or Serious Poulp.
Also, note that my links are proposals and not exclusive sources.

Posted
Thanks so much!!!
Posted
Just bumping this to say I'm still interested: If you give me something to work with I can give the community sweet templates, maybe even a simple program to lay out cards super quickly.
Posted
I have made a set of 16 new idea cards. They are compleye except the graphics are what I could find, so they aren't designed as the nornal card theme.

My biggest issue is printing. I want to play a game with them in the deck but my printed one ate just thick matte paper, which isnt what was used for the official game.

Can we get specs on the paper used or a way to get custom card printed official and sent. Im happy to pay something for some custom cards for the printing etc.
Posted
You should contact SP directly for these technical informations.

By the way, it will be easy to find some skill cards :icon_hand_blue: (and other types of card) after the wave 2 delivery because of the full patch set send to many players.
Posted
I print mine out on ordinary thin paper and put them in sleeves with the cards from characters I'm not currently playing. I also don't use the 003s to track XP so those are fair game, Once wave 2 gets here I'll have like 700 slightly-miscut cards to use as proxy fodder.

I do wish I had someplace to print appropriate-sized cards, though...
Posted
I just move the square image into word and size it to be 80.5mm x 80.5mm. It gets close enough.

I'm also printing double sided on 230gsm Matte photo paper from the local officeworks/staples.

Then put the card in a sleeve and your good to go.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General19 posts