Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted - Edited
This just came up on BGG and i'm now i'm curious whether i have been misplaying this...

We're standing on a card which borders an Exploration card, but that Exploration card was placed by a different Terrain card and our current Terrain has no orange arrow pointing to that Exploration card.

May we we pathfind that Exploration card from our current position, or does pathfinding require that the Terrain we are on have an orange arrow pointing to that Exploration card?

Similarly, may we move between two Terrain cards which have no orange arrows along their common border?

Edit: the BGG post:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1837703/adventure-cards-superseding-previous-ones-spoiler
Posted
Exploration cards, before they are flipped, are considered permanent events for terrain cards in every direction. So if your terrain card has no orange arrow, you may still path find an adjacent exploration card.

Page 19 of the rulebook says you may move to a "reachable" terrain cards. Where "a reachable terrain card is one that is connected to the active players terrain card by an uninterrupted series of terrain cards. So yes, even if there is no orange arrow you may move there.
Posted
Interesting question, I would think that you couldn't open a Exploration card from a card that doesn't have an orange arrow. I would have thought that the reason they have 4 arrows in for placement on cards to interact. that's how I would interrupt it.

Regarding moving between two Terrain cards which have no arrows, I would assume based off of one of the cards that is related to the starting small island, around Card No. 10, you cannot move to it, (unless there is a long way round that doesn't cross over Exploration cards), but obviously that's just the way I see it.

I have had to ask a number of questions here myself, but would definitely ask for a proper ruling regarding both these questions.
Posted - Edited
We talked about this situation in the french forum, and about some other questions that ask "2 adjacent cards" concept.

The author's answer is :
"BrunoS" wrote:
Adjacent card = Card that touches another card by one of its sides (North, South, East, West).

No other conditions like orange arrow.

We wait for more explanations.
But for a gamedesign's reason, it's more simple to apply this single rule even if it's not very immersive.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts