Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 posts
Posted
Hi Guys!

I have found this question on BGG and i am confused about it myself:

If an exploration card still showing it's back has two adjacent terrain cards, but only one of these has the yellow arrow (the one with the roman number) that brought the exploration card into play, can you use the Pathfind/Escape action from both terrain cards or only from the terrain card with the yellow arrow?

When it is possible to use the Pathfind/Escape action from both terrain cards, what card do you use to replace the discarded Exploration card, given there is no yellow arrow and therefore no number on the card you are Pathfinding from?

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,
murtl
Posted - Edited
It's a tricky question ! :silly:

1/ It seems nothing in the rulebook is forbiding you to :action_pathfind: from a adjacent terrain card without orange sunny arrow.
But with a roleplay POV, it's difficult to justify an exploration with no direct access... (I won't play like that)

2/ If we can pathfind as said before, I think we have to apply the rule.
The rule, page 18 :
The number of this Adventure card [the one you put into play] is shown in the numbox associated with the [orange sunny] arrow on the Terrain card that points towards the newly opened space.

Oh ! Wait ! The sentence is not exactly the same in french.
Le numéro de cette carte Aventure est indiqué dans le cartouche associé à la flèche [ensoleillée orange] présente sur la carte Terrain ayant permis de mettre la carte Exploration en jeu.

Translation : "The number of this Adventure card [the one you put into play] is shown in the numbox associated with the [orange sunny] arrow on the Terrain card that allowed to put the Exploration card into play."
Anyway, if you see the board of the game, you can see only one :card_pick: valid number to use.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Hi!

Thanks for the answer!

I am on your side, that from a roleplay POV it is not logical to do it. I wont do it either.

To be clear on your second answer:

• The rules allow you to pathfind a adjacent exploration card from a terrain card without a orange sunny arrow.

• When you do so, you put in play the adventure card with the number found on the terrain card that brought the exploration card on the table

Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
murtl
Posted
This is what I understand, yes.
I asked for a Bruno's review. :)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
murtl wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for the answer!

I am on your side, that from a roleplay POV it is not logical to do it. I wont do it either.

To be clear on your second answer:

• The rules allow you to pathfind a adjacent exploration card from a terrain card without a orange sunny arrow.

• When you do so, you put in play the adventure card with the number found on the terrain card that brought the exploration card on the table

Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
murtl

Corrrect! You can :action_pathfind: an Exploration card from any adjacent Terrain card.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 posts