Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General7 posts
Posted
So I have looked at the Cartographer's Notebook and it's obvious there is some plan behind the design, but it's not clear what the best way to use these are.

I am assuming you will be writing the locations numbers, and maybe the resources that are there; but I am not sure what the diamonds are supposed to be for.

Also the 1-6 boxes at the bottom, and the box to the left of that. I would maybe have through tracking players, but it's 1-4 players.

Any ideas?
Posted - Edited
Here is an example how to use it:

The diamond are to write the movement cost.
Citadel multiple_version 0/3 sandglass 14h --- Continent flag_curse_sm 12/12 sandglass 100h
Créations: flag_curse_sm La Chambre Oubliée icon_journal Curieux Observateur
Du fanmade pour 7th Citadel ? Bien sur que j'y travaille ;-)
Posted
Wow - okay, that's pretty amazing, I don't think we will ever get that good at drawing.

I am not even sure what most of that stuff means. But I will hazard a guess.

So the p5 is page 5, and the arrow at the right of A4 indicates that going right there takes you to B4 on page 4, which seems odd as that would seem to be on the right side of the page (going up or down?).

The wood in A4 is the resource available in that space.

The cube and flag in space 6 with the arrow to A4, no idea.

The tile on space 4 and the flower on space 5 with the arrows to A3, no idea. The graveyard marker on space 3; I assume means that someone died on B3.

Thanks for posting.
Posted - Edited
NeedRope wrote:

So the p5 is page 5, and the arrow at the right of A4 indicates that going right there takes you to B4 on page 4, which seems odd as that would seem to be on the right side of the page (going up or down?).

That's a B1 :)

NeedRope wrote:

The cube and flag in space 6 with the arrow to A4, no idea.

It seems to be a chest to open, the flag says it is possible to combine an object to get an alternative card.

NeedRope wrote:

The tile on space 4 and the flower on space 5 with the arrows to A3, no idea.

No idea for the tile but it's surely a clue for a quest or the curse. The flower is for botanical purpose. There is a lot of plants on the 7th continent with multiple effects. I guess he found one effect of the plant on this card.

NeedRope wrote:

The graveyard marker on space 3; I assume means that someone died on B3.

I think they encounter a graveyard. Depending which discard special card you choose you've got a special action like "pay respect to the dead" (don't know the official translation). you can perform this action whenever a tomb is visible on your map card.

And yes if only i could play with someone as good as drawing ! that would be amazing :D Hope some of my friends have hidden talents :p
Objectif toutes :flag_curse_sm: par tous les explorateurs
DV CC
ME: 4/10 CD:4/10 LG : 7/10 SI : 4/10 TS : 4/10 OG : 2/10 AR : 0/10 PN : 0/10 PV : 0/10 VT : 0/10
Posted
Here is how I have been drawing the Geographer's Notebook:

Usage

- I start by drawing by pencil and then ink, to allow corrections as I go. Probably later I'll ink directly, as I'm more confident.
- Title : roman numeral for the continent region type, plus the name of the region. We still have to name the starting isle. :-)
- Page number
- Terrain movement cost: in the white boxes
- Terrain ID : under the white box, if terrain changes I'll use the following notation "934>789", which can be easily added
- Resources: lower right corner
- Unknown features/terrains : penciled question marks
- Point of interest : spots where info/objects were found. /!\ should mean danger. /I\ means look at track slot I for more info.
- Food source : pork knuckle
- Passage to another region : When I reach a notebook edge or if there is a jump (crossing a body of water, for instance), I draw a flap indicating where in which page and cell of the notebook to find the next adjacent terrain cell with the "pg#A4" notation (in the example "2A4" for the cell A4 on page 2)

Example:

Posted
I have started to record my maps here - all maps are hidden under spoiler blockers.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/32566317#32566317
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General7 posts