Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign6 posts
Posted
All my boxes from the Kickstarter campaign have arrived, and I'm trying to figure out interleaving the deck. the rules (which I've only glanced at so far) mention that within each number, the white card (if there is one) should come first, then the green cards, then the gold (if it exists). My question is whether the order of the green cards matters - should the base ones come before the WGUMCD ones? If so, where do the additional expansions go? Or are the green cards assumed to be shuffled for each number?

And at what point will I understand the in-joke about the goat?
Posted
The order of green cards does not matter, in general:
The cards of the same number and the same colour should be always drawn randomly.
You can either shuffle them when merging the expansion decks into the base game - or you can shuffle them each time you draw.
Posted
Read the rules, if you still have questions, ask.
Posted
You won’t understand the joke about the goat if you weren’t there
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
dill wrote:
The order of green cards does not matter, in general:

Thank you! Just what I needed to know.
Posted
JackSpirio wrote:
You won’t understand the joke about the goat if you weren’t there

Nonsense.

At some point during one of the Kickstarter campaigns, the Poulps misspelled "stretch goal" as "stretch goat".

The inside joke grew in popularity among the backers, and the Poulps wisely leaned into it, eventually incorporating a goat into the game as a self-aware callback to this error. The goat became so popular among netizens that some began calling the goat "Brumpy". (That's not an official name.)

The goat's story may have a particularly dramatic and/or satisfying conclusion, depending how you play it. This fan service further added to backers' affection for the character.

Additionally, the white box included a new stretch goat that adds a new thread to the goat's storyline, which I've yet to uncover (as I've only sorted and sleeved my game yesterday!)

Hope that helps.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign6 posts