Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points7 posts
Posted
Page 20, under relinquishing an item, it says "it is not allowed to deconstruct an item voluntarily by just discarding one card from an item that is made up of multiple cards, unless part of the effect of the item."

If a card says you can "discard a card from your hand or inventory with the word will on it" do we:

(using the walking stick and bow example)

1. Discard the bow card - as it is a single card, under the rules that card text overrides the rulebook, page 5.

2. Discard both bow and walking stick card, because they are joined and when it says card, it considers them one card together.

I suspect option 1 but wanted confirmation.

Additional question, can we do the following:

A variation of option 1, we discard the walking stick card (top card). This means the bow becomes the top card and gets the durability dice of 6 (page 20).
Posted
Thefieryphoenix wrote:
I suspect option 1 but wanted confirmation.

I also suspect point 1. to be correct.

Thefieryphoenix wrote:

A variation of option 1, we discard the walking stick card (top card). This means the bow becomes the top card and gets the durability dice of 6 (page 20).

Hum ... to be checked with Bruno. I'll leave him a note.
Posted - Edited
Thefieryphoenix wrote:
1. Discard the bow card - as it is a single card, under the rules that card text overrides the rulebook, page 5.

This is correct.
The card ask you to discard a card, not an Item.
So this situation is a rare case where you can make a sort of "disassembling" on a combined item.

Thefieryphoenix wrote:

That's right.

Note : these two questions will be in the FAQ.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
I have a doubt.
Thefieryphoenix wrote:
Page 20, under relinquishing an item, it says "it is not allowed to deconstruct an item voluntarily by just discarding one card from an item that is made up of multiple cards, unless part of the effect of the item."

Is it possible to deconstruct if the effect asking this is on another card than the card we want to deconstruct ?
Waiting for Bruno here.

Note : same sentence in the french rulebook ("LA carte").
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Hi,

Option 1 indeed. If a game's effect allows you to discard a card from your inventory you can discard a single "Item" card from it as long as it matches the effect's requirements (such as having a proper keyword).

If the discarded card is the top card, then the dice goes on the card which is immediately under it, and the durability of the Item remains the same.

Bruno
Posted
This helps solve my question about food stacking. Excellent.
Posted
BrunoS wrote:
Hi,

Option 1 indeed. If a game's effect allows you to discard a card from your inventory you can discard a single "Item" card from it as long as it matches the effect's requirements (such as having a proper keyword).

If the discarded card is the top card, then the dice goes on the card which is immediately under it, and the durability of the Item remains the same.

Bruno

This is a pretty big change from the rule on page 20 that says you CANNOT voluntarily deconstruct an item, unless it is part of the effect of the item card.

If your ruling here is correct, and we can voluntarily deconstruct items to meet keyword-discard options, that needs to be put right into the errata because that's not what the English rulebook says.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points7 posts