Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
If I draw the Advanced skill card
Dextrous (A0126)
during an action in which I used a skill to pass the action, can I keep it and immediately apply it's effects in the Consequence step? Or would it need to be in my hand at the beginning of the action in order to use it?
Posted
Hello :)
As you can read in the rulebook (page 12), the sequence for resolving an action is clear :
- Step 3 : You check if the action is a success or a failure with the cards you drew.
- Step 4 : You may choose one card to keep in your hand.
So, it's impossible to use this new card to change the result of this action.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I didn't mean whether I could use the card to alter the Consequence itself. The Advanced skill card
Dextrous
allows you to
get cards back into the action deck from the discard pile if you used a craft skill as part of the action you did

So here would be the situation in more detail:

I'm ready to take a climb action.

1. I use Rope as part of the action.
2a. I determine the cost.
2b. I draw the cards.
3. I count the successes. I succeed!
4. I take
Dextrous
into my hand.
5. I discard all other cards drawn.
6. I get the positive consequence of the action. Can I now use
Dextrous
?
Posted
It's my fault : I didn't check this specific card before answering you. :blush:

If the effect of the Advanced skill card
Dextrous
is a direct effect (not an action :action_empty: nor an effect linked to the climb action :action_condition::action_climb:), you should be able to use this card instantly during the Consequence step (and even at the end of your step #4 indeed).

But I'm not sure would do it for roleplay reason : your character had an idea about dexterity because of his climbing action, as an experience of this action. It's not very thematic to alter this climbing action. ;)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts