Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points10 posts
Posted
Let's say I'm standing on a terrain card with :resource_fire: and 2 attached exploration cards which have not been explored (foggy side is facing up on both). The result of a :action_search: tells me to replace the terrain I'm standing on with a different card. What do I do with the unexplored exploration cards and the :resource_fire:?
Posted
They all stay
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
Even if the newly placed terrain card doesn't have an arrow pointing toward one of the previously placed exploration card?
Posted
To my knowledge, that doesn't happen. Have you seen a card that has fewer arrows than the one it replaces?
Posted - Edited
PersonaFinance61524 wrote:
To my knowledge, that doesn't happen. Have you seen a card that has fewer arrows than the one it replaces?

I think I may have performed an illegal move(s). Here's what happened:

I'm standing on terrain card 009. I have a torch item which has a +9 :flag_blue_sm: for any :action_search: So, I use my torch while performing the :action_search: Since 9 + 013 = 22, I draw the 022 card instead of the 013 card.

Since the 022 card is a permanent event, I attach it to the terrain card I'm standing on so that the permanent event arrow points toward the terrain card I am standing on (still standing on 009). I think this is where I got confused...since the permanent event I just drew (022) needs to attach to the left side of the terrain card I'm on (009), does the exploration card that is currently in that place get returned, or discarded?

Now, the permanent event has a :action_pull: which I perform and succeed at and it instructs me to replace the terrain card I'm standing on (009) with the 024 card.

I did notice this from the rulebook:
If that Adventure card is a Terrain card, the active player must make sure that it fits with each adjacent Terrain card like in a puzzle, and then put new Exploration cards into play (foggy side up) in each free adjacent space to which an arrow on the Terrain card is pointing.

Clearly, if you look at the final image above, you'll see that my resulting new terrain does not fit with the rest of my board "like a puzzle".

What did I do wrong?
Posted - Edited
You misused the torch
It‘s not a bonus on each search action, but only for actions which have the exact same blue banner.
Posted - Edited
JackSpirio wrote:
You misused the torch
It‘s not a bonus on each search action, but only for actions which have the exact same blue banner

Thanks for the clarification. That helps tremendously. So, if I'm understanding you correctly: as I play through the game I will come across available actions (on terrain cards, for example) that will have banner icons that match the banner icons on certain inventory items?

Therefore, the only actions upon which the torch banner may be applied are the ones that share the swirl icon on it's banner?
Posted
Correct look for these: :flag_blue_sm:
Posted
Thanks so much.
Posted
Whenever you draw a card which you aren’t directly instructed too (like you did in that case), you should always look at the back of ther is a thumbs up:card_pick_thumb: and you have the card (or are on it) that has the number in it.
So all your questions should never occur as that’s not how you meant to play it.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points10 posts