Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points6 posts
Posted - Edited
What happens if I draw this during a movement action? Does
the figure
get placed on the card I moved from, or moved to?

If
it is to be placed on the card I moved from
, can I voluntarily fail the movement action, in order to stay on the card I would have moved from?
Posted - Edited
If I remember correctly, the figurine is placed at the result step of the action (according to the text of the card).
So, the consequence :white_box::move_arrow: doesn't happen yet.
==> the figurine is placed on the terran card you moved from.

And no, you can't choose to fail an action at the result step. You can only draw the minimum of cards at the cost step, but you must accept the result after that.

Does anyone have another interpretation ?...
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted - Edited
Firebird wrote:
If I remember correctly, the figurine is placed at the result step of the action (according to the text of the card).

The card on the text says

"When this is revealed during the Result step of an action: if there is at least 1 flying root figure on your Terrain card, this action is a failure.

Otherwise, during the Consequence step, put 1 flying root figure into play [...] on your Terrain card."

The question is, which Terrain card is it that is considered your Terrain card?

Since it is placed during the Concequence step, I have been playing that it is placed on the tile I am moving to, but I am thinking that the player could choose the tile most beneficial and place it there.

Firebird wrote:

And no, you can't choose to fail an action at the result step. You can only draw the minimum of cards at the cost step, but you must accept the result after that.

Ok, thanks. I remember there being
actions you want to fail, but have a high chance of succeeding at,
so this makes sense.
Posted
TowerWizard wrote:
Firebird wrote:

The card on the text says

"When this is revealed during the Result step of an action: if there is at least 1 flying root figure on your Terrain card, this action is a failure.

Otherwise, during the Consequence step, put 1 flying root figure into play [...] on your Terrain card."

The question is, which Terrain card is it that is considered your Terrain card?

Since it is placed during the Concequence step, I have been playing that it is placed on the tile I am moving to, but I am thinking that the player could choose the tile most beneficial and place it there.

Ok, I made a mistake because I didn't have the card in front of me.
So, your question is revelant...

I think that BrunoS (SP) already said something like :
If 2 events are to occur in the same step, the player chooses the order.

But not sure for this case. I tag this topic to him.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Hi,
If you reveal a "The strangest encounter!" during a move action, you can choose during the consequence step (assuming there is not already a flying root figure on your current Terrain card) whether you place the flying root figure on your current Terrain card (before moving) or on the Terrain you are moving to (it's up to you).

Bruno
Posted
Thank you BrunoS ! :thumb_up:
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points6 posts