Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 posts
Posted
I got to a point in the game that requires me to have a specific item in my inventory in order to advance.

My question is that if I have this item but it is part of a stack (not the top of the stack), does this still count?

If not, to proceed I would have to discard the stack, eat food, do more actions to hope I get the item again?

Is this correct? Thank you
Posted
There's 2 types of specific items :
- To solve a curse : these items are cards that are put into the satchel :icon_journal: (no inventory problem).
- To solve a secondary quest or to help you find a shortcut/easy access : these items are just like the others :icon_d6:. You must stack them in your inventory and you must do your best to keep them as long as you need them. It is sometimes difficult because slots are precious and you have to make choices. If you discard the item (because you broke the entire stack), you shouldn't be able to complete your optional quest.

Please, take time to read again the rule about items managing.
1 die :icon_d6: per pile. 1 pile = 1 item with X cards.
Keywords are not mandatory to stack. It's just for a durability bonus.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Thank you Firebird, sorry for not being more clear.

For example if I had a torch and a raft stacked together but the raft was on top reaping the benefits of the torch. Then a side quest came up saying if I had the torch this would happen...

Technically I have the torch but only because it is part now of my super raft.

Would then considering this side quest I pass or fail, do I ha e the torch or not.

Thank you
Posted
Yes, you have the torch. The combined item "is" all of the things that make it up. So your item is not just a raft, it is a Raft Torch!

The order of the item cards in the stack doesn't ever matter, except in one case: a new item card attached to an existing item only increases the durability if it shares a keyword with the top card. For all other purposes, it doesn't matter whether an item card is on the top of the stack.
Posted
Sweet, thank you!

I am invincible! muahahaha
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 posts