Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points6 posts
Posted
We were playing Offering and
needed lots of XP
the Voracious Goddess offers 5 XP for each advanced skill card you banish and we had the camp and "still standing", so having earned a few XP to buy cards and Frankenstein's resting discount we bought a boatload of cheap cards and gave them to the goddess for sooo many points. Did we do something wrong? Because I thought we'd have to visit more than 1 idol!
Posted
You may have done something wrong, because
losts of XP
is not the only thing you need.
You also need
to return a card with keyword "guardian" several times
and
each idol will give you the "guardian"
card :icon_journal: only once - so you need to visit more of them, unless you save or reset the map somehow.
Posted
Yeah, we were at
at the voracious goddess so we could pray there
Posted
Pretty clever way to exploit one curse with anothers tools.
Posted
Just want to clarify what you are doing because it sounds partially wrong at least.

First, your layout

You are on card #218, and have revealed card #237 in order to banish an advanced skill card to get 5 experience point.

You have "still standing" which gives a -2 discount to the cost of advanced skill cards with the word "stamina".

For how many experience point you culd potential gain using this method.

'stamina cards'
there are a total of 10 advanced skill card with the label "stamina". If you purchased all of them wit the discount and got 5 point back you would have made 45 (5x9 card - one card costs 8, which is a negative transaction) but spent 15 points. Therefore you can make a total of 30 experience point using this method. You will also lose some useful cards.

'other cards'
If you choose to also purchase any other card costing 4 or less to maximise gains, there are an additional 19 cards, costing 64 ep points,
and gaining 95, giving a net of 31 more point.

This means a total
of 61 experience points using this method.

As for the curse specifically
This should be enough experience point to complete it, i think. Though there are only enough cards for 41 xp at any given time.

However, there are a couple of flaws in this arrangement, which ruins this 'trick' from a gameplay perspective.

you need to have two people in your party, 1 need to be at the camp with frankenstein, the other needs to be at the idol.
Essentially, you are passing advanced skills card from the camp to the idol magically through 'gameplay', and in return you are passing experience point from the idol to the camp magically through 'gameplay'.

Legal, yes, realistic, no.

Useless there is a way to set up camp next to the idol that lets you draw the advanced skill card continuously, which I cant see.

The offering to the guardians requires you to visit an idol for the first time, reveal it, and draw a 49+purple flag card.

Then, the card you draw must be returned when you progress along the curse.

This means you must save-scum to continually view the idol.

This is considered bad form, and ruins the fun of the game. I think its technically against the rules to save when you dont need to. I think Bruno mentioned it somewhere but i cant remember.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points6 posts