Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect9 posts
Posted
Randomly take 4 cards from the Discard Pile and shuffle them back into the Action Deck.

Can I reveal the randomly 4 taken card, before I shuffle them into the Action Deck?
Posted
If you are taking them from face-up discard pile, I think that you can look at them, since they are already face-up.
If discard pile is face-down, this case is questionable, but I would shuffle them without looking.
Posted
The discard pile can be check at any time. (Rule p.9)
So, you're able to know which cards miss after the random draw.
That's why I let me see the taked cards instead of checking the discard pile twice (before and after).
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
But...;-)

In the case of: The discard pile is face up. I can randomly take 4 cards from the discard pile. I take the 4 cards of the top of the face up discard pile. The most or all curse cards are in on the bottom of the discard pile. So I know that there is no curse card on the top. In this case I can sort out the curse cards for ever or long time to the discard pile. Is this correct?
Posted
"Randomly take 4 cards" means you must shuffle your discard pile before taking the 4 cards without choosing them.
Face up or face down, it doesn't matter.
Then, you shuffle these 4 cards into the Action deck that you put face-down on your table.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
But there is no description on the card, that I have to shuffle the discard pile before, or?
Posted
The card ask you to take 4 cards in a randomly way.
How do you prefer to proceed ?
You may choose to throw all the cards of the discard pile through the window then decide to take the 4 cards farther away from your house.
Another solution would be to let your cat show you the cards to take.
I prefer to shuffle the discard pile and take 4 cards without seeing them. ;-)

When it's done, if it's important to me, I check out what cards it is.
This second "action" in the process is a shortcut because the rule does not allow or disallow this action, but the rule allows me to check the discard pile before and after the draw.
Firebird wrote:
The discard pile can be check at any time. (Rule p.9)
So, you're able to know which cards miss after the random draw.
That's why I let me see the taked cards instead of checking the discard pile twice (before and after).
Posted
Thank you very much. Now I understand it.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect9 posts