Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
It's unclear to me how to count skills for craftable items towards card maximums. I interpret the rules as follows: A crafting skill counts toward a player's skill limit until the item is crafted, at which time the card is moved to the player's inventory and counts as an inventory item rather than a skill (skill cards -1, inventory cards +1). When the crafted item no longer has durability, it is discarded.

I sort of expected to be able to re-use a skill (i.e., have it go back into my skills when the item is depleted) but it doesn't seem that the rules agree. Is my interpretation correct?
Posted
That is how I have interpreted it as well. It makes sense if you hold the cards in your hand, in your hand, and not have them face up on the table. When you then craft an item you play it face up and put a dice on it. Voila, the card is no longer in your hand and do not count towards your hand total.

If you play with your "hand" face up on the table, I suggest keeping the cards in rows. The row closest you is your "hand", and the row closer to the center of the table are your items.

Crafted items from skills are also easily discernible by the cards having a dice on it.
Posted
Xaster wrote:
It's unclear to me how to count skills for craftable items towards card maximums. I interpret the rules as follows: A crafting skill counts toward a player's skill limit until the item is crafted, at which time the card is moved to the player's inventory and counts as an inventory item rather than a skill (skill cards -1, inventory cards +1). When the crafted item no longer has durability, it is discarded.

You're right.

Xaster wrote:
I sort of expected to be able to re-use a skill (i.e., have it go back into my skills when the item is depleted) but it doesn't seem that the rules agree. Is my interpretation correct?

Your skill :icon_hand_blue: is discarded, but if you draw again this card (with "Remember" card, or any other way) you will be able to craft it another time. :action_craft:
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Thanks for the confirmations.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts