Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign33 posts
Posted - Edited
Update KS n°83 : The 7th Continent delivery (part 5) and more...

Campaign will run until the 19th of October.
:resource_fire: Firebird :resource_fire: (Phoenixeux sur TT)
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
I'm excited to back this kickstarter as I only learned about this game after the first kickstarter had already ended. I was hoping that you could answer one question for me... What do you estimate to be the turnaround time from the end of the 2nd Kickstarter to the shipping of the finished game?

Thanks!
Posted
Also excited to back, I loved my first curse!

About the flavour text at the end of Voracious Goddess:
Looking at the balloon in the banner... It would be great to have Phileas Fogg or Passepartout as playable characters in an expansion! Or even better Aouda! Game needs more female characters to play.
Posted
More Info please !! :)
I'm very impatient.
:flag_curse_sm: 2/7 :icon_curse: 4 :action_move: 31h:15
Posted
Ren3 wrote:
About the flavour text at the end of Voracious Goddess:
Looking at the balloon in the banner... It would be great to have Phileas Fogg or Passepartout as playable characters in an expansion! Or even better Aouda! Game needs more female characters to play.

Yeah, I just finished Voracious Goddess too and I'm guessing
Fogg
is a character, looking forward to see what other content they come up with too!
Posted
What I want to know if they are going to fix all the cards with enrta on them for this next kick starter. I can't wait for this game to hit kickstarter I am going to back this one for sure.
Posted
jac74 wrote:
What I want to know if they are going to fix all the cards with enrta on them for this next kick starter. I can't wait for this game to hit kickstarter I am going to back this one for sure.

On this forum :
About a patch pack to fix errored cards
[DV :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_succes:] [OG :icon_curse::icon_curse::icon_curse:*:icon_succes:] [LG :icon_succes:] [CD+SI :icon_curse::icon_curse:] [SI :icon_curse:] [CD :icon_curse::icon_success-left: :icon_success-right:**]
*[Histoire-T7C :icon_succes_7:] **[Pénitence :icon_curse:+Funéraille:icon_success-left:]
Posted
They have announced what will they do with th original kse content? They will offer them with the new ks?
Posted
funkyboy wrote:
They have announced what will they do with th original kse content? They will offer them with the new ks?

No, there was no announcement.
Posted
Yes they will because it is KS again.

That and I think the exclusive content is so intertwined with the game it is difficult to remove it.
:flag_curse_sm: : 0/7 :icon_curse: : 2 :action_think: : 12h (6 sessions)
Posted
The thread over at bgg has gone CRAZY about reprinting exclusives. I hope they do reprint them though, my survey of the situation is like ~10 guys don't want them reprinted for reasons, and the rest of us dgaf
Posted - Edited
kar86 wrote:
Yes they will because it is KS again.

This is just your point of view. Not an announcement. I prefer to specify it.

Anatrok wrote:
The thread over at bgg has gone CRAZY about reprinting exclusives.

I saw that. I suggest to not do the same here. Pleeeease ! :'(
Posted
I think most people don't really mind here. In the topic with suggestions I proposed a solution Elzra games used, I think that is the best solution to the situation, but I will demand some work from SP.

@firebird: if SP would not reprint the KS exclusives, they would have told us by now. It would put an end to the stupid discussions. That and I think it would require to much work to remove them from the game.
Posted
I would like to hear about new KS exclusives not about old ones to be honest :).
:flag_curse_sm: 2/7 :icon_curse: 4 :action_move: 31h:15
Posted
Question... with all the discussion about "KS Exclusives" and "KS content" what are people referring to? Over in the BGG thread, it has been mentioned that the designers have said in person that they will include the KS content in the 2nd KS.

So are we just talking about the Swamp of Madness KS Exclusive expansion or all the Stretch Goals? People have been saying "the content is so integrated with the game that they can't remove it." and that makes sense for the SG content, but surely that wouldn't apply for the standalone KSE expansion, right?

I'm not arguing for or against including the KSE expansion, but just trying to understand what people are referring to when they talk about making the KS content available in the 2nd KS campaign.
Posted
KSE is everything listed as KSE in the KS. All the stretch goals marked as KS exclusive and the expansion swamp of Madness. .
Posted
It was writen in a image on KS page:

So I think that include such KSE things into another KS campaign is quite ok.
Posted
Wow... I thought it was just the Swamp of Madness... didn't realize all the stretch goals that were included as part of the core box that were KSE.

For my part, I do not agree that it's OK to include them in another KS campaign, but it seems SP has made up their mind. I suppose if you want to creatively interpret the KSE language to include infinite future KS campaigns, you can, but I don't think anyone who backed the original KS campaign thought they would be re-printed and sold in another KS. This feels like a breach of trust by SP and I imagine lots of backers will not be happy once they learn about it.
Posted
I think the concern is original backers assume they got exclusive content when they backed the first kickstarter.

Reprinting KS exclusives essentially means those who backed the first game mean nothing, and exclusives arent actually exclusive.

They should be exclusive to the first kickstarter. Then those who are considering the second kickstarter will know that of tou dont support them now, tou wont get the exclusives. Otherwise there no point in backing the kickstarter cause you will be able to get the exclusives next round.

So, conclusion, there should be kickstarter 1 exclusives and kickstarter 2 exclusives. Want both, back both.

Also, removing content is easy in this game. I.e. you can essentially remove the goat by removing 1 card. Want to remove flying leaf insects, you remove i think 4 cards. Done.
Its not as intertwined as it may appear.
Posted - Edited
Really the whole game is kickstarter exclusive if they never have a retail release, lol

The bellow is #triggerwarning for supporters of maintaining exclusivity:silly:
(My two cents since I'm not seeing anybody voice the other opinion, I hope they reprint everything. I get the whole using exclusives to create scarcity and increase backers, I get what jamie said (though I don't think he should have), I understand the various reasons why people wouldn't want it reprinted...but meh. There's a lot of good content that would be a shame for other people to miss out on. ESPECIALLY now that it's pretty high profile, confirmed quality game. As long as they are VERY clear and concise about what exclusive means from here on out... I have everything, so I'm good, but I would really like other people to have access to the same stuff I do. Regardless I'll be an all in backer for the new one. Also, I'm sorry Firebird, I know you asked us not to, but in case Bruno or Ludovic look at this thread, I want them to see there are people on both sides. Love and peace!)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign33 posts