Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points3 posts
Posted
There are some temporary events that state "The active player must perform the following action alone" and others that use the phrase "Only the active player is forced to take the following action". Since all (I think) actions on temporary events are mandatory to begin with, the latter phrasing seems to be redundant unless "only the active player" means the exact same thing as "the active player alone" in this context, which then begs the question of why use the different verbiage? We have been playing both of these types of cards the same way (the active player is the only one involved in the action), but I'm curious if there's been an official statement about the matter.
Posted
"The active player must perform the following action alone" Means that ONLY the active player can take the action , "Only the active player is forced to take the following action". means that all players who participated in the previous action COULD take part in this action but only the active player HAS to
Posted
Okay, yes, that makes a lot of sense actually! I was apparently trying to read way more into it that necessary. Thanks for making me realise my silliness. :-)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points3 posts