Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect4 posts
Posted
Aloha All,

Any idea what those rotors mean in the Blue Flag?

You are directed to Card 021 (A0341) with a Blue Banner effect. All the rules I read on the Blue Banner have to do with picking a card in a range or at a different card based on an numeric addition. Nothing about symbols.

Card 021 (A0341) does say "it seems to take two gearwheels..." and those icons certainly look like gearwheels. So...OK, but where do you go from there? Do the rotors on the blue flag from the previous card impact this?

Also, on that same card [Card 021 (A0341)] there is the faint flower icon in the upper right, whats that all about?

Appreciate any insight.

Sincerely,

Mike
Houston, TX
Posted - Edited
The flower icon... I don't have on my A0341; I'm going to guess you're just looking at the spigot handle in the artwork?

The flags are one of the core mechanics in the game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're starting with The Crystal's Song; if you're starting with The Voracious Goddess, this still applies, but maybe not as easily visible from where you are. Anyways.

You've noticed the 021:flag_blue_sm:[cogwheels], obviously. What you're going to be doing now is looking at the cards you have... on Tutorial Island, they'll have gone into your Journal, looking for matching symbols on blue flags. They'll look like :flag_blue_sm:[symbol] + [number]. If you're doing any Curse besides The Crystal's Song, you'll see a purple version of the same thing on your Clue card.

When you are told to go to a card number and there's a flag attached, if you have a card that matches the symbol shown, you add the number shown on the matching card to the number previously called for. So, for example, if you're told to pull card 152:flag_blue_sm:[banana], and you have a card you've already picked up that says :flag_blue_sm:[banana] + 12, then you have the choice to, instead of pulling 152, pulling 164. I've made this example up, of course, but I think it should illustrate clearly.

A purple flag :flag_curse_sm: will always be linked to a Curse. A blue flag will never be linked to a Curse, it'll be something you find elsewhere and always have access to, no matter what Curse you're playing.
Posted
You are right about the "spigot". It's not a flower. Mystery solved there.

Am playing The Voracious Goddess. I'll venture on looking for a matching cog wheel flag out there in the great void.

Thanks for the reply.

Sincerely,

Mike
Posted
Explore thoroughly. :) That little island has most of the important mechanics of the game on it; it's kind of nice that way. Everything you need to get where you're going is hidden around there. And remember, your clue card is a very useful hint about how you need to progress.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect4 posts