Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics3 posts
Posted - Edited
Hi explorers,

I'm note sure of the real benefits of using the fire miniature.
I got this on BGG, which is fine for me:

Imagine your fire is on a tile with a 1 cost to move.
Imagine your party of 2 is on a tile with a 2 cost to move.
If you want to move to another tile somewhere, you could use the 2 cost action.
Or you could move back to the fire for 0 cost, then use the 1 cost action from there to move to the tile you originally wanted to move to, effectively moving for 1 cost instead of 2 cost.

My "problem" with this general good idea is:
This saves my group 1 card. But: to build up the fire costs also at least 1 or 2 cards. So, the fire-movement-trick is only useful if you use it a lot, isn't it?

*Edit*
Or, are we able to "jump" above permanent effect cards like a climb with the fire-token? this would be very much usefull to have one on each side.

thanks from two explorers from northern germany who are doing the VG in a second approach :)
Posted
svenwind wrote:
My "problem" with this general good idea is:
This saves my group 1 card. But: to build up the fire costs also at least 1 or 2 cards. So, the fire-movement-trick is only useful if you use it a lot, isn't it?

That's right. But you may build a fire for another reason (eating) and use this trick "as a free bonus". ;)

Some players want to optimize all their moves like that.
Some prefere to limit this trick. For exemple : "I can go on a title with a fire only if I have another action to do there just after".

svenwind wrote:
Or, are we able to "jump" above permanent effect cards like a climb with the fire-token? this would be very much usefull to have one on each side.

No, it doesn't work. Your move must respect the same rule as always (the :move_arrow: consequence). It's not a teleportation.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Thx!
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics3 posts