Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points6 posts
Posted
Hello! I have a small question regarding moving around the island. I read in the rules that the success consequence of moving/skiing/snowshoeing/swimming/sailing is that you get to go to any terrain connected to the starting terrain by uninterrupted terrain cards.
Does that mean that for example by performing the moving action i can freely go from a forest terrain with no snow to the middle of a mountainous snowy terrain that would normally require skiing just because i have already explored it and it’s connected to the forest by a series of uninterrupted terrains? Or do i have to stop and perform the skiing action to continue?
It just feels thematically dissonant to casually walk your way around snowy terrain (and conversely to ski/snowshoe your way around forest terrain if you’re staring from mountain to forest in one action)
Posted
Ghassan wrote:
Does that mean that for example by performing the moving action i can freely go from a forest terrain with no snow to the middle of a mountainous snowy terrain that would normally require skiing just because i have already explored it and it’s connected to the forest by a series of uninterrupted terrains?

Yes.
Or do i have to stop and perform the skiing action to continue?

No.
It just feels thematically dissonant to casually walk your way around snowy terrain (and conversely to ski/snowshoe your way around forest terrain if you’re staring from mountain to forest in one action)

Sorry, can't help you with that. But you could always make your own house rules that you like better!
Posted
Thanks! Yeah it doesn’t bother me that much, just wanted to make sure we’re playing this properly
Posted
We just took the sub to card 198, but we don't have any snowshoes. How do we move or proceed?

Thanks
Posted - Edited
Hello :)

All actions :action_empty: can be done without object or skill cards.
For the actions :action_move::action_swim: or :action_ski:, it's exactly the same : just draw :card_blue: and check success :icon_succes:.
If you succeed, the consequence :white_box: is :move_arrow: (wich is the symbol of the move rule).

The difference between :action_move:,:action_swim: and :action_ski: is the effect :action_condition: that you can apply.
For exemple, the :action_condition::action_move: bonus on your Explorer card can't be use to reduce a move for a :action_ski: action.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Thanks fire bird,
That makes sense, had a brain fart. Haha

Thanks again!
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points6 posts