Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 posts
Posted
So this is a questions about the potential results of a hunt or fishing expedition:

Lets say I go fishing.

- I draw cards and get enough stars to let me draw 2 of the fishing result cards (think they are 200 cards).

- I am not bloody so we can ignore that bit of the fishing card.

- I have to choose one and return the others.

However...

One is a fish (allows me to draw 2 002 cards for example) the other is a water snake! The water snake has a fight action square with the spiky red border.

Does this mean:

- I have to fight it and completely resolve that card before moving on to the "Choose one to keep and return the rest" (in which case I would just be left with the fish)

or

- Can I choose to keep the fish and return the snake?

or

- Do I have to keep the snake and return the fish?

I'm assuming that the red border means I have to fight the snake, then once thats fully resolved (which could end up in me getting some food cards) I then do the "keep 1, return the others".

So while it's not ideal because it forces me into another action (using more cards and maybe items), if I can handle it I may well get experience, some food and then the food from the other card as well.
Posted
How I understand this , is that during hunt/fish action you reveal cards, but you do not apply the text on the revealed cards until you have chosen one. Once chosen you apply the text on it and then return the not selected cards.
:flag_curse_sm: 2/7 :icon_curse: 4 :action_move: 31h:15
Posted
You can only do one action at a time. You can't interrupt an action to start a second action. The result of your hunting/fishing tells you to draw X [XYZ] cards, lose a non predator if you are bloody then select one and return the rest.

Once that action is complete, you will have a temporary event that then takes place.
Posted
Tkozlow and JPolitis are right. :-)

That's why you prefere to have the maximum success on the :action_hunt::action_fish: actions to choose the best target without being worried about too many predators.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
So, it sounds like in this case, the OP can
return the snake (since he is not bloody) and keep the fish
?
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 posts