Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General24 messages
Posté
I'm working on a small and simple Soundtrack app for the game. Totally unofficial and just out of appreciation. The plan is to include the exploration images for the differnt areas. If you click on one, the soundtrack of the area will start in an endless loop. It's just more conveniant than the web page and I love to listen to the soundtrack and had a bad connection some weeks ago while travling. I will also add some controls to the lockscreen while the music is running, so that you can just select the correct area right from your lock screen.

Android prototype is already working, iOS shouldn't be to hard since I use Xamarin (Cross-Build) and just have to solve some minor stuff to run there too. If someone is interested in testing it, just leave me a message. I will run a private beta run around next week :)
Posté - Edité
Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for this initiative. No problem for us as long as:

- your app is free (mandatory ;-))
- "fan-made" appears in its title (if possible)
- you include the Serious Poulp "copyright" for the tracks
- you include the credit that are currently displayed here: https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/resources/music# behind the "credits" button

Thanks!

Bruno
Posté
Hello Bruno,

thanks for approval. It surely will be free, fan-made will be in the title (if possible) and if not, there will be at least a disclaimer in the app stores and in the app itself. Credits will be behind a button in the app as well to not destroy the UI. The Copyright for SP and Barry Doublet will be directly on the screen, placed as decent footer.
Posté
First release for Android can be found at Google Play! Enjoy! iOS will follow soon :)
Posté
That's really cool!! Thanks for doing this, Falco. Downloading now.
Posté
Just tried it... seems to work great! Interface is simple and straightforward, as it should be.

Can I assume the tracks will loop infinitely until you press another button?

I have a little Bluetooth speaker that this will work great with! I've already got the spot on my gaming table planned for it :). How many months away are web from March, again?

Great job!
Posté
Hey Falco20019

I've had the app open on my phone all day and wanted to offer a nickel's worth of free advice for the next update.

Sometimes the buttons do not play the songs after being tapped, and I found myself pressing the same (or different) buttons several times until the app responded. This does not seem to happen when I open the app for the first time, only when it has been open and running in the background for a while.

I've experienced similar UI playback issues with other Android audio apps on multiple phones, so I understand this may be an Android platform issue. However, it would help if your app had some sort of visual indication that the app has registered the finger tap by highlighting the playing icon with a blue square, or some similar visual cue that communicates the software has received the input and is attempting playback.

Also, the app has been lingering in the background-- even when I close all of my open apps, it lingers in the system tray, with no way to close it or swipe it away. See screengrab, below:
Lingering app

The only way I've found to purge it from memory is to Force Stop it in the system - app preferences.

Thanks again for your work on this. It's really, really cool.
Posté
Thanks for doing this!
:D'
Posté
Thank you Benjamin !

Bruno
Posté
schleima a écrit :
Can I assume the tracks will loop infinitely until you press another button?

Yes, that’s how it should behave :)

schleima a écrit :
Sometimes the buttons do not play the songs after being tapped, and I found myself pressing the same (or different) buttons several times until the app responded. This does not seem to happen when I open the app for the first time, only when it has been open and running in the background for a while.

Thanks for the feedback! Right now I‘m very busy and therefore also had no time yet to further optimize it and also to finish iOS. The audio Library I‘m using still has some bugs and I also reported some.

I just received a message from google that the app was flagged as „unauthorized use of copyright material“ and therefore is not findable in the store right now. I just provided them the proof from this thread and it should be back the next days.
Posté
Some of us are expecting!!! Hahahaha
Posté
Any idea when soundtracks for areas XI and XII will be out?
:icon_succes_7:2nd Kickstarter Backer:icon_succes_7:
:icon_succes: :flag_curse_sm:1/12 :icon_curse:1 :resource_fire:15h :icon_succes:
Posté
Olele a écrit :

I assume not before the second game is out?
Posté
Thanks for the app. Much easier than finding the songs in the library just to play them. Kudos!:D'
Posté
Falco20019 a écrit :
Olele a écrit :

I assume not before the second game is out?

I'd imagine a little beforehand, just like the first one was. Certainly not until they are on the boat about to get to the distribution hubs though, soundtracks are spoily after all.
Posté
hey, sounds like a nice app. would like to get it! how is work going for an iOS version?
Posté
Thanks for this work!

And +1 for the iOS version, even just a very basic app.
Posté
It may be a stupid question but isn't it easier to just download the music files from the website and play them from the music player of your phone ?
7/12 :flag_curse_sm: reste : WGUMCD(\VT\CC)+DV+TS
7 :icon_curse:(2 DV-1 SI-1 CD-1 OG-1 PV-1 PN) 101h :action_think:
Armaggedon en cours ! :w00t::sandglass:
Posté
Any news for the iOS version now?
Posté
By the way, it would be nice to add in this app a time counter to track the time spent in the different zones. At the end of the game, you will press "The adventure is over" button to show the time-related stats.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General24 messages