Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game15 messages
Posté - Edité
A minor error noted on a number of cards. Where it should read "X or Y" it reads "X ou Y" - obviously a translation error. But overall fantastic (about 5 hours in to The Voracious Goddess).

Edit Moderator : [Checked]
Posté
On a "number of cards"? That implies a good bit of them..?
Posté
Not a lot. From my most recent play I only noted the problem on the "Obey" card, but it has also been mentioned by the people I play with. I haven't searched the cards to identify which ones. For the most part I ignore it now. I think most people will read "ou" as "or" and think of it as a typo (as I originally did), however I play with someone who speaks French and they picked it up as a failure to translate.
Posté
Thank you for the feedback: "ou" is indeed the French version of "or".
We'll look into it.
Posté
Just to make sure: "ou" is only "or", not "and/or", right?
Posté
ENGLISH --> FRENCH
And = Et
Or = Ou
And/or = Et/ou

Discard 2 cards for this french lesson. :-P
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Hi, just checking if the 'obey' card will be added in the update pack that comes with the second KS?
Posté
Hi :-)
I'm not sure but I think that only cards in the list with errata will be included in the Update Pack.
These errors have some impact on the gameplay which is not the case of small typo like Or/Ou on the "Obey" card.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Will be such small typos fixed in the base box 2nd edition? If so, I suggest to create an add-on (some reasonable fee would be okay) with all updated content (ou -> or cards, updated player aids, updated rulebook, etc.) to allow veteran backers to upgrade their 1st edition set to get the (almost) exactly same stuff as it would come with the 2nd edition set. Fixed errata (13 cards now) and few new dividers are good but I'd like to get everything updated.
Posté - Edité
I think we are many who would agree with Marcel in this.

But perhaps it would be better to voice it in the 2nd kickstarter campaign forum area.
Posté
@Marcel,
I like your suggestion!! i use Victor quite often and always find myself staring at the 'ou' on my card.

@KRBJ,
i rather stay out of the comments section on the kickstarter campaign for now. it's so chaotic there!
Posté
Silf, I certainly agree about the comments section on http://kickstarter.com. My link was to the "2nd Kickstarter Campaign" forum area here on http://seriouspoulp.com, not so chaotic! :)
Posté
@KRBJ,
thank you for the suggestion.
I saw that Firebird has already posted at the forum section. shall wait and see if there is an outcome.

:)
Posté
The response from Jamie.

' ->what about the cards with minor errors? will they be included?
Normally no, just because of the cost/material wastage require to replace them. However, you can download the cards on the website and print them out yourselves if you’d like :) '

I guess the answer is no...
Still going to ask further as it doesn't seem to be aware of this card.
Posté
Hi,

Card [A0104] "Obey", will be in the reprinted base box AND in the Free upgrade pack.
However, Jamie's answer still stands.

Thanks

Bruno
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game15 messages