Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
Really enjoyed our first session last night, can see us playing a LOT more of this! A few questions we had if you wouldn’t mind clarifying:

1) My wife chose Keelan as her character but we don’t really understand the wording on her ability. Are you able to let me know how we should be using this and the benefits?

2) When choosing to keep a skill after a check, I’m assuming it’s fine for a character to take one that was one of the 5 specific to another character in the game? Other than the picture, there’s nothing to say you can’t.

3) I picked up the splint item that has 2 boxes to use, both of which can be used in a cure test. As they are seperate abilities would I need to reduce its durability by 2 if I want to reduce the cards AND increase the successes?

4) I think I saw someone say that if 2+ characters move together that the ability on their cards means you don’t need to draw any cards? We were playing that one person moves for a card, and then the second person moves for free as they are going to terrain card with another explorer but I may have been wrong.

Thanks for any advice you can give
Posted
Hem. Not easy to answer you with my bad english but I try. :blush:

Gollum9 wrote:
1) My wife chose Keelan as her character but we don’t really understand the wording on her ability. Are you able to let me know how we should be using this and the benefits?

Have you already draw some [050] cards ? I guess you didn't. Each "Botanic" card will give information to use it.
And the Keelan's ability allows you to use another botanic cards instead of the one you could normally use .
This ability has no effect at the beginning of the game (because you have to find at least 2 botanic cards) but it's very powerful later !

Gollum9 wrote:
2) When choosing to keep a skill after a check, I’m assuming it’s fine for a character to take one that was one of the 5 specific to another character in the game? Other than the picture, there’s nothing to say you can’t.

No, it's forbidden. (White note - rule p.12)
But there's a tip for the specific skill that offert to craft an objet : if more than one player is involved in this :action_craft: action, anyone of them could receive the objet into his inventory.

Gollum9 wrote:
3) I picked up the splint item that has 2 boxes to use, both of which can be used in a cure test. As they are seperate abilities would I need to reduce its durability by 2 if I want to reduce the cards AND increase the successes?

Rule p.11 : For each item used by removing 1 pip, the player will be able to apply some or all of the effects of one or more Item cards.
So you can use both boxes for 1 pip.
Note that you must enterly apply the effect if you choose to use it. For exemple :
Effect A : :action_condition::action_heal: -2:card_blue:
Effect B : :action_condition::action_heal: :icon_succes:
You can use the item for A+B = -2:card_blue: and :icon_succes:
but you can't choose only -1:card_blue:

Gollum9 wrote:
4) I think I saw someone say that if 2+ characters move together that the ability on their cards means you don’t need to draw any cards? We were playing that one person moves for a card, and then the second person moves for free as they are going to terrain card with another explorer but I may have been wrong.

I let a native speaker explain that. :whistling:

Think about the FAQ or the search field of this forum. Many questions were answered. :-)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Thanks for your help. I did read through the FAQ but will use the search function if I need anything else.
Posted
Gollum9 wrote:

If any number of players move to an empty terrain (empty here means without a fire token or another player figure), they pay the full cost printed on the terrain they move from.

If any number of players move to a terrain with fire or another player, each of the moving players can apply the -1:card_blue: discount.

For example, when 2 players stand on a terrain with :action_move:3:card_blue:0:icon_succes:
1. if both move together to an empty terrain, draw 3:card_blue: once
2. if both move to a terrain with a fire token, draw 1:card_blue: once
3. if only one player moved to the fire, draw 2:card_blue:, if later the 2nd player moves there too draw 2:card_blue: again

Also note that the "moving to fire or player" discount works only for moving via :action_move: (because sometimes other actions must be used to move, e.g. :action_ski:)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts