Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 messages
Posté
This is in reference to a few cards, but in this case White 667. I'll make up a similar example to illustrate.

I have a card named Giant Plumber in my satchel. I draw a new card, a journal card whose name is also Giant Pumber. On this card it instructs me to discard 2 cards for each Giant Plumber I have in my satchel. Do I have 1 Giant Plumber card in my satchel or 2?

I guess if boils down to when a card enters your journal, before or after you read it.

We played it as 2 figuring the icon defines what kind of card it is before you read it.
Posté
Since it says to do something "immediately after revealing" the card I interpret this as happening before it enters the Satchel. But since we interpret it differently I guess a note of "(including this card)" or "(not including this card)" could have helped.
Posté
In my opinion, you should apply the same rule as the rule of the State :discard: :
When drawing a :icon_hand_orange: State with :discard:, you count how many :icon_hand_orange: cards you have in hand WITHOUT the drawn one.

I think that the spirit of the rule is the same.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
altropos a écrit :

We played it as 2 figuring the icon defines what kind of card it is before you read it.

Sure the card icon defines its kind as soon as you reveal it, but it doesn’t enter your satchel until you’ve done resolving whatever effect is written on it, so no, you only discard one card.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points4 messages