Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign8 messages
Posté
This is to the gang at Serious Poulp:

I was reviewing your terms regarding the two waves of shipping. Namely:

"The First Wave will include the new "Second edition" base box and non-cards optional purchases (such as bone dice & dice bag, sleeves, etc.). This wave is slated for March 2018.

The Second Wave, due in October 2018, will include the new expansion "What Goes Up, Must Come Down", all optional buys with cards (old and new) as well as Stretch Goals from this campaign."

It sounds like the first Kickstarter backers got the best scenario, in that they got to play the game from the beginning with many of the optional buys, like weather, devourers, Icy Maze, etc.

Is there any chance that new backers like me will have that same opportunity? I'm talking specifically about receiving, with the base box, the optional card buys that have already been released, and not the new ones introduced in the second campaign.

If this is not possible, I'm curious what allowed for this to happen for the first KS campaign?

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to playing.
Posté
It sounds like the first Kickstarter backers got the best scenario, in that they got to play the game from the beginning with many of the optional buys, like weather, devourers, Icy Maze, etc.

Well sure, but they had to wait for the entire game to be designed, printed, and shipped. If SP did the same thing this time around, nobody would get anything until wave 2. They're taking advantage of the fact that the base game is already done in order to ship the base game earlier. You only have to wait a few months to get the base game - the first Kickstarter backers had to wait upwards of a year.

There's also the issue of Chinese New Year, which shuts down factory production in China for about a month. It would not be possible to get the base set and the first round of expansions printed before then.

If you really want to play with all the expansions from the get-go, there will be an option in the Pledge Manager to delay shipping of the base set until wave 2.
Posté
You only have to wait a few months to get the base game - the first Kickstarter backers had to wait upwards of a year.

Fair enough.

If you really want to play with all the expansions from the get-go, there will be an option in the Pledge Manager to delay shipping of the base set until wave 2.

Somehow I can't see myself opting for this :-)

I suppose adding the expansions after 7 months of familiarizing myself with the game will allow me to feel a broadening of the world in a way that going all-in from the start would prevent. I'll ameliorate my impatience with this mantra.
Posté
nintendojunkie a écrit :
There's also the issue of Chinese New Year, which shuts down factory production in China for about a month. It would not be possible to get the base set and the first round of expansions printed before then.

You're right. There is a short time to print before Chinese year that explain why only core box (and maybe not all !) will be send in march.
Please read the Update n°49 for more details.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
And it is possible, at least, receive the core box with sleeves in wave 1? And the notebook?
Posté
frico a écrit :
And it is possible, at least, receive the core box with sleeves in wave 1? And the notebook?

Yes, wave 1 includes the base box and all non-cards optional purchases.

Bruno has indicated the possibility of a delay for late pledgers, but so far everything seems to be going well. Keep your fingers crossed!
Posté
Sleeves included?
Posté
Yes, the sleeves are a non-card optional buy. ;-)
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign8 messages