Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect8 posts
Posted
Let's say I am standing a terrain and want to enter the adjacent terrain to me...but there is a cost ( :action_move::card_blue::icon_succes::move_arrow:). So, I pay the cost and enter the new terrain.

But for my next turn, if I want to go back to the original terrain (Backtrack), which also has a similar cost associated with it, do I need to pay that cost again? In other words, each time I leave and then reenter a terrain with a cost, I need to pay that cost again (and again)?

So, its not a one time cost to explore- but instead its costing me energy each time I move/backtrack. (assuming there is a cost shown on the terrain card requiring me to do so)

I might have answered my own question-- but I guess I just need to make sure I'm playing correctly.
(I'm getting my butt kicked with all my solo backtracking exploring of Voracious Goddess--but I'm having fun learning and watching my life dwindle away-- wait- what??!) ha ha :wassat:
Posted
Consider you are on a Terrain card A with an Exploration card II :card_grey: put into play on the north direction.
  • First, you must Explore :action_pathfind: ( :card_blue:0/0:icon_succes: usally)
  • Resolve this random event to discard it. You put into play the Terrain card B.
  • You may do the walk action :action_move: that is writed on Terrain A. If success, the consequence is :move_arrow: "All involved characters move their figure to the same reachable Terrain card."
  • You can move your character on B, or C, or D, any Terrain as long as you respect the rule for connection (page 19). You don't need to pay for each card you want to cross.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
so, P.19 'legal movement' example, which cost am I paying?

1) The terrain card I am currently am on?
2) The one I want to travel too?
3) leaving the one in the middle costing nothing?

Hmm--glad I asked this...I've been paying every time I cross a terrain and then backtrack through each terrain- which explains what I have little energy left.
Posted
You try the action :action_move:/:action_ski:/etc and you pay the cost on the terrain card where you are currently on, whatever the (valid) terrain you choose for your destination.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted - Edited
So I attempt a move action printed on the terrain card I currently am on. If successful, move to any 'legal' terrain (per p. 19)

So what if, there isn't a move action printed on a card- like the one with the hoisted submarine on it (sorry- card number is not in front of me) then I cannot take a move action and must find anther way off the terrain? Since it doesn't have a move action printed on it- therefore, I cannot attempt to move- so I must find another mode off that terrain?

Thanks-- I think I'm catching on. :pinch:
Posted
Use again the permanent event to go back, or go forward with another way.
But yes, no move action available on this terrain.
Posted - Edited
ok
Posted - Edited
Permanent event : Rulebook page 24
[Symbol = big brown arrow]
A Permanent event that must be put into play, oriented in the same way as the other cards on the Board, with its placement arrow pointing to the Terrain card your figure is standing on. It is then considered to be attached to that Terrain card.

About your position close to the
submarine
:
You can go back to the main island if you choose to make the action :action_balance: toward East.
Or you can try to leave this small island with the submarine or with the action :action_swim:.

You should read the rulebook again, with your questions in mind. You will find a lot of answers.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect8 posts