Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game4 messages
Posté
Hello! First, thanks so much for such an awesome game! It has a special place in my heart!

Regarding the topic: I came upon card K1486 for the first time last night (Region VII exploration card). I am curious as to whether there is a part missing from the negative consequence portion of the card. Specifically, I am referring to
You are terrified at the thought of drowning in a pool of mud.
The way I am reading this, since it is on a failure result, should there not be additional text saying
to take the state card that pertains to Terrified (I cannot recall the state #)? Interestingly enough, it seems that if you are already paranoid or frightened you can succeed the check more easily, which makes sense.
I just thought given the language used that it may have been intended there be more of a downside to the failure result. Please let me know if I am misreading it, or reading too much into it. Thanks!
Posté - Edité
Welcome cursed adventurer ! ;-)

As you can see in the PDF file (this resources page), there's no errata for the card K1486.
But you were right to ask in case an error has been forgotten : I put a flag to the author for another checking.

The negative consequences :black_box: are not always present despite an flavor text. The cost paid for the failed action is often sufficient as a penalty.

Good game !
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Hi,

There is no mistake with the failure part of the "spot" action here.

Failure just prevents you from discarding the card and thus moving in that direction.

Hope that helps

Bruno
Posté
That does. Thanks Bruno, and thanks again to you, Ludovic, and all others who helped make such an awesome game! Can't wait to see what you guys put together for 7th Citadel when its ready.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game4 messages