Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 messages
Posté
The example in the rules says to slide the bow under the walking stick when combining them. Does this mean I have a stronger walking stick but no bow? Or a stronger walking stick-bow combination that can be used as either item?
Posté
You'll notice that once an item is crafted only the bottom half of the card contains usable abilties, so when you combine cards you make sure the bottom half of all of them is visible so you can use the abilities of all cards that are combined, the top half of the top card is only used for marking combined durability for the entire set. If you had a knife with 2 uses left and a stick with 3 uses left and you combined them you would basically have any combination of 5 uses of either the stick or the knife.

Hopefully that answers your question.
Posté
MerryHo a écrit :
You'll notice that once an item is crafted only the bottom half of the card contains usable abilties, so when you combine cards you make sure the bottom half of all of them is visible so you can use the abilities of all cards that are combined, the top half of the top card is only used for marking combined durability for the entire set. If you had a knife with 2 uses left and a stick with 3 uses left and you combined them you would basically have any combination of 5 uses of either the stick or the knife.

Hopefully that answers your question.

You add the durability only if these two items share the same keyword.
If not, you only add abilities of the second item to the first.
Posté
Can the following cards be combined?

Woven Cord and Rope: https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPIdlZbILr1q7qnqIL_ZbFKh8IC_J_UUIEx6E5T Same keywords, except,Woven Cord is not crafted--does that mean its only a one-time use skill that stays in your hand until you use it? Then discarded after use?

Magnifying Glass and Torch https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNGvH3uCLzm99fdYC_gUDll41TStVmKB0CcZw6O
Same key words, except, Torch is crafted and magnifying glass is not. So can they be combined? If not, where does the magnifying glass go until it is used? And does it take up inventory space?

Lastly,
Do food items take up inventory space?
Posté
The links don't work for me, so I can't see the cards, but I'll try to answer anyway.

Woven Cord and Magnifying Glass are items that you find somewhere then? I know I've seen one of them. When you find an item that doesn't have to be crafted, it goes directly into your inventory or is discarded (Rules, page 15). It does take up an inventory space, and all normal rules with combining items apply. So if a keyword matches, adding the item that doesn't need to be crafted will still add pips to the die.

Food items also take up an inventory space, which can make very effective hunts tricky as you may have to choose what to keep.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 messages