Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game6 messages
Posté
So... I'm not dead, but I'm in a room and can make no progress and I can't go backwards for an unthematic reason. So something is broken.

room 640 encourages you to lose your deafness and gives you a cool power and a cool item.

But then won't let you leave for any reason because you aren't deaf. What am I missing from this terrible trap!
Posté
sorry nothing broken
it's a trap!

there is another way to obtain that "state" which would let you escape, but you probably missed it on your way there.
Posté
If that is true, that is such a let down in an otherwise extremely well orchestrated, thematic game. Everything else that can kill in the game gives you warnings and at least lets you use lots of energy to get free. To have no warning, and be stuck, not dead just stuck by something unthematic, it just seems in poor taste.

Why can't you just,
force your way through the loud sound by 1) taking a penalty of some sort (like going deaf) 2)increasing the difficulty of the loud crystal passage when not deaf 3) plug your ears with your fingers? Because if wax plugs are sufficient sound dampening to let you out of the room, fingers in your ears would be equally sufficient.

Ear plugs don't actually make you deaf!

Given the choice between certain death jumping down a shaft, certain death waiting in the room and some "unendurable" sounds... that's not even a choice, you endure the sounds and get out.
Posté
jpolitis a écrit :
So... I'm not dead, but I'm in a room and can make no progress and I can't go backwards for an unthematic reason. So something is broken.

room 640 encourages you to lose your deafness and gives you a cool power and a cool item.

But then won't let you leave for any reason because you aren't deaf. What am I missing from this terrible trap!

Hi,
Not an error.
There are two ways for becoming deaf. One of them (wax plugs item) is not discarded when you use it and doesn’t loose durability either. Therefore you can keep it in your inventory and put in back in your ears if you need to. The second one – a State card that heals easily – is removed once healed. Since the permanent event card before the room warns you that only a deaf character can take the action, we’d assume players would consider it twice before healing their deaf State if they don’t have the wax plugs in their inventory.
Posté
Oh!!!!!

I didn't read the ear plug card correctly. All the other cards that don't count against your dice when you use them tell you to discard them. So when I used the ear plugs I automatically discarded them. Glad to know the only thing that was "broken" was my ability to read. Sorry.

Thank you!
Posté
I know this is old but only just came across this card during the game and thought I'd add in my thoughts.

I to thought the ear plugs were discarded. Partially because they only have 1 durability.

This means that you can use them, give them to someone else, they use them, etc. Yet it says you only found a single set.

I think it would be more realist for the 'deaf' card to have the action "remove earplug - success: draw a xxx card and discard this". (cant remember card number)

This would mean you either have the deaf card, or the ear plugs card. This symbolises putting them in and taking them out. More realistic.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game6 messages