Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points7 messages
Posté
Once the Flying Roots sidequest is "completed" you gain the ability to
Ignore a flying root on your terrain card when drawing a card during the results step

If I choose to do this, can I still use
The 7star brown icon on the earlier flying roots reward? Or is the Mini considered "not there" because I ignored it.
Posté
My choice on this question :
If you ignore the flying root, you have no harm but also no benefit in my opinion.
Posté
You are only ignoring the roots when revealing them, thus they don't have the auto-fail effect anymore. All other effects you have from FR journal cards still work. The ingame reason is that you finally befriended the FRs and no they no longer distract you.
Posté
That's 2 answers, both with thematic rational behind them, and both I agree could be correct. Would be nice to get it confirmed!
Posté
I don't have a game with completed flying roots quest in front of me anymore.

Could you post the numbers of the cards involved?
Posté
I have the french game. but i think the last think you learn about root is
when you draw a root, you do as if there is no roots on the current place at the result step. You do not ignore the drawn card or just its consequence, but you ignore all the roots when you check if you fail or success (then no auto-fail but no success from roots either).

Quite clear for me in french so it is probably as clear in english though I could not be sure without the actual card
Posté
I don't know about how it is phrased in the French version of the game, but in English it clearly states that
when you reveal a "The strangest encounter!" card during the Result step of an action, you may ignore any flying root figure on your Terrain card.
. As the "The strangest encounter" card
checks for flying root figures the moment it's revealed, that's also the moment you ignore them

When you look at what you had to do until you get that last card, i'd say it's a fair deal to finally
get the bonuses from the flying roots without the downside of risking failure
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points7 messages