Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect11 messages
Posté - Edité
The card :icon_hand_blue::experience: A0143 Protective cover says
"Whenever you are to lower the durability of an Item, you may lower the durability of this item instead."
Does this mean to we have to use one pip from the item the protective cover is a part of to use this effect?

Meaning we spend 1 pip from the item with the protective cover and then we can replace other pips from other items.

Can a solo player use four pips from the protective cover item to use all of their items?
Posté
When you want to spend an Item, you can instead lower the pip of protective cover.
You can do that more then once, so yes remove 4 pips to use four different items for the turn (or just 3 times, to use all other items (not the protective cover one))
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
The effect of Protective cover is passive : you don't have to pay -1pip to use its ability.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Need help !

What if the Protective Cover is part of a stack - if I -1 the Protective Cover to not use another item, can I use the items that are part of the Protective Cover for Free?
Posté
Well, you use the item, have to lower its durability by 1, now you can lower the durability of the item containing PC by 1 to not have to lower the durability of the used item. So whether you use the ability of PC or not, the item looses 1 durability.
Posté
So you are basically getting to use the items in the stack with Protective Cover for free? Is that what you are saying?
Posté
I'm sorry, my english isn't good enough to translate the french forum without error.
But, FYI, the Protective Cover has been the subject of many tricky questions... ^^

Please, try to check this message #103.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posté
Unfortunately I can't copy and translate your conversation with Bruno because it's under Spoilers.

To get back to your point from 9 months ago: "The effect of Protective cover is passive : you don't have to pay -1pip to use its ability." - This means that the item can be used an infinite of times?

Or as someone else said on BGG forum:
"When I use PC for another stack, can I also use the items in PCs stack for free, then it's no. You didn't pay to use PCs effect, as you don't need to activate it to make it work. So if you want to activate the stack (to use the items in it) you need to pay for that extra" - need to pay twice to activate the items in the stack of PC
Posté
Coke a écrit :
Unfortunately I can't copy and translate your conversation with Bruno because it's under Spoilers.

Here is the spoiler text without the tag :

Firebird a écrit :
Extrait de l'entretien du 22/05/2018:
Firebird a écrit :
Pour être sûr de bien comprendre, dans le cas d'un objet composé de la housse et d'une autre carte : A/ Si la housse est le seul effet de la pile qui est utilisé, l'objet perd 1 de résistance (à cause de l'effet de la housse); B/ Si plusieurs effets des cartes de la pile sont utilisés, la résistance perd 2 (activation de l'objet + effet de la housse); C/ Si, après activation, on décide finalement d'utiliser aucun effets de la pile, l'objet perd 1 à cause de l'activation "à vide". C'est ça ?

Bruno a écrit :
B/ pourquoi réduire de 2 ?

Firebird a écrit :
Parce que la 2ème carte de la pile (disons une torche) est utilisée ?
Et donc on doit bien l'activer, cette torche. Ah ! tu supposes qu'on protège la torche avec la housse : ok. Mais si la housse protège un autre objet complètement différent, et qu'on utilise la torche, c'est bien -2 ?

Bruno a écrit :
L'effet de la housse dit "Lorsque vous devez réduire la résistance d’un objet, vous pouvez réduire la résistance de cet objet à la place." donc si tu utilises un autre objet tu baisses la durabilité de la housse au lieu de baisser celle de l'autre objet (peu importe le nombre d'effets utilisés dans cet autre objet)
et du coup C) non à partir du moment ou tu baisses la résistance de l'objet et que tu transfères cette perte sur la housse peu importe que tu appliques ou non effet
donc en méga résumé, si tu réduis la valeur du d6 sur un objet tu peux à la place réduire la valeur du d6 sur objet housse (s'il s'agit du même objet – cad que l'objet utilisé est déjà associé à la housse – la valeur du d6 diminue de 1 comme si la housse n'en faisait pas partie)
Posté
I try to explain with my poor vocabulary. :whistling:

• Protective Cover is in column A (card A1) with another object card (A2). And you have a object B (with two cards B1 and B2 for exemple).
  • If you want to use B1 or B2 :
    - You use the effect of PC (no cost, it'as a passive effect like the Satchel).
    - This effect involve lowering the die of Object A (instead of B).
    - Now, you can use any effect B1 or B2.
  • If you want to use A2 : Two point of view for the same result.
    - You use the effect of PC (no cost), then you put -1pip on die A (which is the same die as the PC's one !), and the effect of A2 is available.
    - OR You just put -1pip on A because you use A2. ;-)
    ==> PC doesn't have any positive effect if you use its column.
Posté
Thanks man! All clear now

Happy Easter and stay safe!
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect11 messages