Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General14 messages
Posté
It seems like there should be an update on the card count before the Pledge Manager comes online, so that players can accurately gauge how many sleeves to buy. I want to sleeve all of the cards that receive regular shuffling.

I've gone all-in on 2nd Kickstarter, having backed the base game, the major expansion, and all of the smaller card expansions, including BGG/Tric Trac. I'm 100% in as far as cards go.

I'm definitely interested in sleeving any cards that get shuffled, and it sounds like that means sleeving:

- the Action Deck (blue back)
- the Exploration (foggy back)

I'm not really interested in sleeving cards that are not shuffled, such as:

- Adventure cards (green/gold backs)

Based on what I've read here and on BGG, the 200 sleeves/$10 optional buy will not be enough to accommodate what I'm trying to do, but I also haven't found any kind of an accurate count as to how to tally this.

Could someone please advise me as to how many cards will experience regular shuffling, so I know how many $10 packets of 200 to purchase?

And if there are other cards which receive regular shuffling that I have not included here, could you please include that in your estimation?

Thanks!
Posté
Have a look on this sheet from Marauth. 8-)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Thanks for pointing this out-- in theory this sheet would be quite useful, but it doesn't seem to be precise enough. For example, I can only say yes or no as to whether I want to sleeve the base box. Well, yes and no-- I want to sleeve the often shuffled cards, and not the adventure cards. There doesn't seem to be a way to separate them out.

I'm also a bit confused by the 4th column qualifier "include if you choose 'Aventure' cards"-- surely these expansions include more than just Adventure cards? You'd know better than I would, as I do not have the game to reference.
Posté
This sheet is the more accurate I know (considering that we don't have much information on the last SG of this 2nd campaign).

In the column C, you select the parts of the game you (will) have.
In your case, with an all-in pledge, enter YES on each line.

In the column F, you select the types of elements you want to sleeve.
Cell F6 is a bit specific : if you enter YES here, it doesn't matter what you enter in cells F7:F12 and F14, because these cards are adventure cards.
Ex1: I want to sleeve all the adventure cards :card_green::card_gold: = I put YES on F6.
Ex2: I want to sleeve some adventure cards like states :icon_hand_orange: and food :action_eat: = I put NO on F6, and YES on F8 and F9.
Note : I don't know that the F15 cell is. Let on 'Yes' by default.

Attention : The processing time is long (check in the bar at the top right corner to see the progress). I recommend you to save a copy of the sheet on your own Google Drive to perform your simulation and prevent users from overwriting it. Or, at minimum, duplicate the sheet in another tab.

Finally, if you select all the specific adventure cards (except the Cloud) that represent the cards which are manipulate or/and shuffle during game sessions, the total is 832 sleeves needed.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posté
It exists also this Sleeve calculator (by Kar86).
Posté
Hi all,

I used both calculators and for my pledge - Rookie - I got two different card totals, 1441 from the calculator by Kar86 and 1380 from the calculator by Marauth. But I'm not planning on sleeving everything.

So Base Game + What Goes Up, Must Come Down and sleeving action+exploration+state+food+prey cards gave me 589 cards in calc by Marauth.
In calc by Kar86 all frequently handled cards total 531 and supposedly also counts with experience+knowledge and others in addition to action+exploration+state+food+prey cards.

I'm lost, how many cards are frequently handled?

Cheers
Posté
I'm lost, how many cards are frequently handled?

JCML, you've hit the critical question here and nobody seems to have a definitive answer. Not even Serious Poulp themselves.

The definitive solution to all of this anxiety for us newbie backers is to have SP provide an official count of all cards that get shuffled, and offer a median level of sleeve buyup ($35 for example) that provides protection for all blue backed cards as well as other cards which get an occasional shuffle.

You and I have no practical way of figuring this out since we don't have the game in our hands, nor do we have the gaming experience to know which cards actually get shuffled. SP is in the unique position to inform us of this, since they know which cards will be added later to the game like advanced skills and other mystery cards that gamers wouldn't know of until they encounter them.

Instead we have to rely on internet gossip and guesses, which just increases anxiety.

Please SP, provide an official count for shuffled cards, ideally with a reference list of cards that we should sleeve.
Posté
True, and I'd need to know in the next 3 weeks to get the sleeves from Kick Starter.
Posté
Sadly the situation we're in means that the best current solution (aside from buying sleeves after the game ships... I'm told that SP may sell them on their web site for a higher cost) is to simply buy the full $79 upgrade and have more sleeves than we need.

It doesn't seem quite fair, considering the significant investment we've all made in the game (nearly $300 for me... This is a big reason why I feel compelled to sleeve in the first place).

I'd really appreciate if SP would help us out with this.
Posté
I'm a bit confused. Got both sleeve packages (for a total of $79) which totals for 1600 sleeves (I went all in, so basegame + expansion + smaller expansions).. According to BGG there are over 1900 cards in the game... Does SP add extra sleeves for free so I can sleeve the entire game or should I add more in my pledge?
Posté
Yes, the "+" in "1400+" means you get enough sleeves to sleeve them all. Just add the 200 and 1400+ option for ALL cards.
--
:icon_succes_7:: V2lp - :icon_journal:: 0 - :resource_fire:: 0 - :icon_locked:: 0 min
Posté
I have a feeling many of us are going to have a lot of extra sleeves for sale come November 2018....
Posté
The thing is there are equally good sleeves which are cheaper.

Not all of us want to pay 79$ for sleeves for a rookie pledge when we can get 1650 premium sleeves for 50$ or less. If we know on time how many cards the game has we can the best deal possible.

Cheers
Posté - Edité
To Serious Poulp

Guys, now that we're days away from the crowdox closing, I wanted to share my disappointment that you never really addressed this issue in a serious way.

With the full sleeve buy in ($79) you did the correct thing by taking responsibility for any variability in the final number of sleeves. You did not put your backers in a position where they had to calculate or predict what your development process will ultimately produce, which was absolutely the right decision.

We really needed the same offer for a mid level sleeving, where all cards that receive any level of shuffling get sleeved (like the fog backed cards, for example), but not the standard terrain cards.

It's rather unfair that you placed the burden on your backers to calculate the number of sleeves they need when you don't even have the final numbers yourselves.

I really think the fair way to do this would have been to provide an option which allowed for 500+, in the same way that the full buy in was 1,400+. Perhaps at a $35 level. That would have been the right thing to do.

In the end, I just spent the $79, effectively raising the cost of my pledge by a full 25%. This is not insignificant, and it colors my experience in a negative way.

I'm really excited about playing your game, and it's really unfortunate that this experience is preventing some of your backers, like me, from fully enjoying what was otherwise a great KS campaign.

I'd very much appreciate a reply from SP on this.

Thank you
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General14 messages