Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game6 messages
Posté
In a case the Action Deck is (almost) depleted every Leaving a game in progress followed by immediate Joining a game in progress will effectively move up to 5 character specific Skill cards from the Discard Pile back to the Action Deck.

Possible fix in the Joining a game in progress section (Rulebook, p. 22):

To do so, they choose any character they want to be, take the corresponding Character card and shuffle the 5 :icon_hand_blue: Skill cards specific to this character into the Action DeckDiscard Pile.
Posté
Or, and I'm just spitballing here...
...don't exploit this?

I mean, this is not an error of the game. If you or your player (or any player, for that matter) deems it necessary to game the game in such a way, it is their own loss. I have no pity for anyone doing that...
Posté
While I think the infinite xp one is something that needs to be addressed, this one seems ridiculous. (As well as all those requiring multiple insta-saves to work).
Saves, joining/leaving, and the "not enough space" rule provide "utility tools" that help give a smooth and adaptable game experience.
I mean, it would have been silly to write:
- "if and only if you really are finishing the session for today, you may save. Then, you may not play the game for 12 hours"
- "if an explorer wants to join the adventure, they may do so, but are bound to play at least one hour, and must be played by a real human being".
- "if there is not enough space on the table to place a card, and there isn't a simple solution to the problem (e.g. move a can of beer up to 50 cm away), then you may..."

But the spirit is clearly that one.
I mean, if you really want to, you can cheat any time - it's a co-op game.
Posté
Accatitippi a écrit :
While I think the infinite xp one is something that needs to be addressed, this one seems ridiculous. (As well as all those requiring multiple insta-saves to work).

The infinite xp exploit (the Lovecraft one) also requires multiple insta-saves to work.
Although I agree that this one is a much more blatant attempt to game the system.
Posté
Ren3 a écrit :
The infinite xp exploit (the Lovecraft one) also requires multiple insta-saves to work.
Although I agree that this one is a much more blatant attempt to game the system.

Oh. I did not know that (did not want to spoiler myself, so did not read the spoilers).
Thank you for that tidbit of information. Now I know that at least that one will be no issue for me or my gaming group!
:)
Posté
The infinite xp one can still be exploited to a lesser degree without spamming saves. You'll still get lots of xp and advanced skills at very little expense.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Errors on the game6 messages