Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics5 messages
Posté
I've played a couple of group games, but I think I'd really like to just dive in solo and explore as much as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions for which sets of character skills might work well together?

There are several thematic combos I'm thinking about - doctor/brawler, scholar with a sixth sense, expert hunter/explorer, etc. - and I'm curious if any skill combos chain especially well.
Posté
I was thinking of tackling all the curses at once (with some house rules in order to not make it impossible) and I was thinking of a 5-skill build in order to do it.
I limited myself to one skill per character (so no Keelan scholar/notes combo or Frankenstein's Monster).
In general the most useful skills are the ones that you can keep in hand without discarding, but obviously you have a 5 skills hand limit, so I decided to have 2/3 "permanent" skills, 1 item and the rest discardable ones.
Below what I came up with:
1) Scholar: even without her other personal notes card, the bonuses for Think and Decipher make this a must-have.
2) Life in the wild: making fire will be even more important with the custom build, and the orienteering bonus will be useful in many cases.
3) Fighting Fury: I will need some combat bonus and the auto-successes will be especially useful for
the Bloody hunt
and
the swamp of madness

4) Bone Crowbar: of all the personal items this is hands down the most useful, specifically its open bonus for
the dark chest of the damned

5) Nomadism: I decided for this because it gives a bonus to Tame
which is used in many cases with a locked action, and there are almost no items that give bonuses for that
and the swim/sail which will come in handy in
the icy maze

That's it.
If I hadn't decided on the one skill per character limit, I would have probably left Nomadism and taken Keelan's notes skill or Ferdinand's "Water knows the way" which is excellent in the northernmost areas of the Continent.
Posté
Has this changed with the new WGUMCD characters?
Posté
I think so. My go to's are:
1. Gourmet (bonus to eating! need I say more?)
2. Nomadism- fishing is more sustainable than hunting
3. I've got your back (I think that's what it's called, the Passerpout bonus one)- it's the most versatile bonus card in the deck.
The others depend on the curse.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics5 messages