Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics6 messages
Posté - Edité
Is it just me or combination of "Remember" and "Think" skill cards are quite overpowered? If you are lucky enough, you could do this for quite a long time without any need to hunt or fish. Any thoughts on these cards combo?! :?
Posté
Do what exactly?
Posté
I'm curious also
Posté - Edité
Remember is perhaps the best card in the action deck, because it is so versatile. There's a bunch of candidates for what might be the most powerful :icon_hand_blue: card -- Valiant Hearts, Bolas, Walking Stick, etc -- but usually Remember can give you back more than one of those cards, among dozens of other options. And if Remember can be a Walking Stick or something else, it's strictly better than Walking Stick.

Think is pretty much garbage. Taking cards out of the action deck with it (marginally) shortens your lifeline, so using it just to keep the best card out of 7, and especially using it to discard curses, isn't great. It's best when you're looking for a specific card from the action deck, but it's very unreliable even then, and it is quickly overshadowed by much more reliable ways to search the action deck.

Remember has many combos but Think isn't really one of them. Remembering a Think can be useful if the card you really wanted to Remember is in the action deck, although this is very unreliable because Think is very unreliable and as such it is often a waste of the Remember. Likewise, if all you have is a Think and the card you need is in the discard, there's a decent chance Think will hit a remember. (Actually, this chance is usually better than the chance of getting a specific card from the action deck off of Think -- you can hit any of 3 Remembers, most cards only have 1 or 2 copies.)

That's all those two cards really do as a combo. Remember can reach into the action deck (at the cost of engaging Think's random mechanics) and Think can sometimes reach into the discard pile (at no particular cost.) They don't loop, or put cards back in the action deck, or generate anything useful like XP or Notes.

I think you might have misread Think. If it drew 7 cards from the discard, put one in your hand and the rest back into the action deck, you'd have a combo. You could Think, hope you hit a Remember, get back 6 cards either way, and then (hopefully) Remember your Think and do it again. But Think draws the 7 cards from the deck. Think taking Remember, Remembering Think, and Thinking again is occasionally useful when your first Think found a Remember but not the card you were looking for, and sometimes you can hit more remembers and go more cycles, but it doesn't generate any real benefits.

If you want to recur an action card repeatedly instead of eating, there's a few candidates. Restful Sleep is a good one, or I think the doc has one. If you Restful Sleep and get back a Remember, especially if your deck was almost empty, you're set up to draw into Remember, Remember Restful Sleep, and do it again. If you want to break it open more than that, you're going to need a more repeatable source of recursion. Several exist.

Saving repeatedly on a card with an event that says "as soon as this is revealed, return a card with the keyword [whatever] to your hand." and re-exposing it. Serenity, Vigilance, or Will spots can recur Remember which recurs anything, others only recur certain cards.

If there are no curses in the discard pile, you can draw into "sudden death" mode without any actual risk. You can draw the whole discard pile and keep any one card from it, as usual from an action. Lovecraft's Dark Side can put the action deck into this state repeatably.

There's a Botany card that lets you exchange a :icon_hand_blue: from your hand with one in the deck. If you can get one star on :action_take: from something you can keep, like Keelan's scholar, you can sculpt the whole party's hands freely as long as you stay on the right plant. As long as there's at least one Remember in the action deck , you can get stuff from the discard, too.

Botanist-in-training sidequest gives you a Will card back every time you use a Botany card, most of which can be used repeatedly.
Posté
TLDR: Think draws from deck, not discard
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
You are absolutely correct, I have misread "Think". Sorry, guys. My bad. :silly:
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Strategies & Tactics6 messages