Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Equipment and After Sales6 messages
Posté - Edité
Literally the first 2 packs of sleeves I opened and there is about 1mm difference in height between them.
I am guessing these were made with Mayday :/

https://m.imgur.com/a/wEt1DZC
Posté
It happen with all manufacturers, some cutting tools are drifting during batches. It's bad luck to have 2 sizes on your sleeves but maybe you were cursed. ;)

It shouldn't be a big issue, as long as you try to have the same size on cards with the same number (050 cards for example), as shuffling and picking one happen often in this case. For action deck, you do not shuffle often and then draw in the deck order so no gameplay is broken.

I hope that only one pack is noticeably different.

Have fun exploring the continent.
Posté
I have never seen this with Fantasy Flight or Paladin, not even a little bit.

So far there are 3 packs (out of probably 12 I have gone through) that are very noticeably taller, but there are smaller differences in height and width between most packs.

This issue and the playmat being folded up into a flat box, putting strong creases in it, are pretty disappointing. I have never seen a neoprene playmat shipped like that, always rolled.
Posté
iamcrazyjoe a écrit :

This issue and the playmat being folded up into a flat box, putting strong creases in it, are pretty disappointing. I have never seen a neoprene playmat shipped like that, always rolled.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-continent-what-goes-up-must-come-down/posts/2011181

At the end, they said : Shipping note: due to the exorbitant cost of shipping the mat in a tube, it will instead be folded into a nice-looking box. The box will be the same size as the base game (to be neatly stored), only shorter, and whilst the mat will show small signs of being folded, the box is deep enough so as to limit unsightly traces.
Posté
I disagree that the unsightly "traces" are limited
Posté
About the playmat, I copy (and try to translate) this message from the author (from the wave 1 if I remember correctly) :
(source FR)
"BrunoS" a écrit :
Hello,

We have chosen to offer a game accessory for less than $ 20 (about 16 €), with shipping costs for most of 1 or 2 € only.

This choice involved proposing the playmat in a rectangular box (versus tube) with as a result - explained in detail during the campaign - the possible presence of folds on the playmat.

From experience, ours and those of many contributors, to maintain the rolled playmat makes it possible to eliminate most of the folds.

In this context, we can replace playmats with tear-like defects, or printing errors, but not those with folds because the new copy would most likely have the same folds.

thanks for your understanding

Bruno
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Equipment and After Sales6 messages