Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Equipment and After Sales7 messages
Posté - Edité
I have been unable to find definitive info describing the Cartographer's Notebook online. It's even surprisingly difficult to find any detailed photos of it.

With that said:

- What are the dimensions of each page? (Is it European A4 size paper?)

- How many individual sheets of paper does the notebook contain?

- Are pages printed double-sided?

- What is the thickness/heaviness of the card/paper stock?

- Is one notebook enough to cover all of the existing curses?

- For those who completed all existing curses (i.e. have mapped out the whole continent), how many empty pages remain in your notebook?

- Assuming the expansions will have less cards than the base box, do you think there will be adequate room in your notebook to accommodate the expansions?

- Photos showing book (front and back covers), thickness, and relative size next to reference objects would be most welcome.
Posté
I didn't buy the notebook but printed it on A4 sheets double sided.

- What are the dimensions of each page? (Is it European A4 size paper?)
From what I remember, the notebook has the same size as the box (fits in), so it should be A4.

- For those who completed all existing curses (i.e. have mapped out the whole continent), how many empty pages remain in your notebook?
I pasted 12 sheets (4 wide x 3 height), and used all the surface to draw the continent on one side. I used the other side to draw all non-contiguous areas (islands etc.).

Sorry, I can't tell you more.
:flag_curse_sm: 7 fois maudit, c'est ici
:icon_succes_7: DV, CD+H7C+OG, LG, ME+TS+SI, CC
:icon_success-left: Incarnation d'Akecha :icon_success-right:
Posté
Thanks for the reply, though i really am trying to get info about the physical details of the notebook itself, not the pdf. It has been surprisingly difficult to get this info.
Posté
It is surprising how few people seem to own the notebook.

You did finally get a decent answer over on BGG right?

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Posté
It is surprising. I sort of got most of the questions answered on bgg but not definitively.

The reason i posted this was because after playing the 2nd ks base game, i realized just how crucial mapping the continent was (voracious goddess, I'm looking at you...), and how disorganized having stacks of scrawled pdfs lying around are. Plus, i went all-in on every other item and when i saw the pledge manager reopen, the completionist in me nagged me to reconsider dropping the final $10. I wanted additional info about the notebook to help me make the final decision, and maybe even go in for two if one notebook was inadequate.

In the end I just went ahead and bought it. If nobody replies, I'll answer my own question once the package arrives in 2019.
Posté - Edité
Hey there Schleima, sorry I didn't find this post earlier. I own the Cartographer's Notebook and am happy to share any measurements or answer any questions about it. To start with the ones you have already asked. The Notebook is printed entirely on A4 paper (21mm x 29.7mm), with metal rings at the top, the outside cover is printed on nicer glossy card stock (I'd guess 50lb), then there are 40 double sided pages of good weight (20lb+) with a sturdy cardboard backboard (3mm). My group has mapped the entire surface of the continent and almost every island (Just Base, No Mini-Expansions ... yet) and have only taken up about 14 pages, both sides, so I am in no real worry about room. Things are hectic right now, so photos will come later.

To Summarize:

Specifications
- 21mm x 29.7mm (Standard A4 Paper)
- 40 pages of charts
- 20lb charts
- Good backboard

Practicality/Notes
- Full base game ~ 35%
- Fits about a zone a page
- Plenty of room for expansions, room for the game to double and then some
- I recommend using the first page as an entire continent map (once you have disovered it) because the weakest thing for me is that it's really hard to denote which maps connect to which and how. Can be done, but difficult. Having one master map on a single page that is just about connections, I highly recommend.
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Equipment and After Sales7 messages