Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign7 messages
Posté
hi there, am interested in backing the upcoming 2nd edition kickstarter but struggling to see anywhere any indication of the expected turnaround time?

appreciate that with KS it's not an exact science but can anybody give an indication about whether we're talking months or years?
Posté
prolly not gonna have an official answer til the kickstarter, but if I had to make a guess it would be 6 months to a year.
Posté
It all depends on how much new stuff will be in the new KS, where they already are regarding creation/testing of the fixed content (without SGs, I mean), if they have the capacity to work on it fulltime, etc. It will probably not take as long as the first KS, as the base game is finished.
Posté
ok thanks for the answers, i will await more details when the kickstarter has begun, as you say
Posté
I would think 1.5 years again, but, maybe, they can reprint the base game again immediatly and ship it out to backers.
:flag_curse_sm: : 0/7 :icon_curse: : 2 :action_think: : 12h (6 sessions)
Posté
From my experience (and I have acquired a lot of games via KS... too many some would say) the average is a year (when the game mechanics only require a bit of tuning and few modifications from community/SG)
Basically preproduction takes a couple of months and then depending on the quantity and agreements production takes few months (usually depends if there are plastic minis or more "classic" materials). Shipping to EU/US usually takes a bit less than a month (give or take few weeks depending on the custom) and then few weeks to be dispatched from the hub and sent to your home.

Hope it helps. You can also have a look at the last updates (crafting/shipping the continent) of the first campaign to have an idea (now that they are more experiences and that, I assume, most of the content will be a reprint, it would take less time)
I goat cursed ! :action_pray:
Posté
I thought they weren't starting the new kickstarter until all the original KS backers got their stuff
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign7 messages