Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign6 messages
Posté - Edité
Hi!

I know the recommended cards to sleeve are the action / condition cards, but aren't the exploration cards shuffled as well (thus, susceptible to wear and should be sleeved)? Are there any other cards that are shuffled? How many sleeves would be necessary to sleeve all of these shuffled cards?

Thanks!
Posté
I recommend you to read section 1.2 in the BGG community FAQ which might answer all your questions. If you still have some left, I'll be happy to discuss! :)
Posté - Edité
Hi KRBJ

I've got some questions for you!

I've been trying to figure out how many packs of 200 cards I'm going to need. I went in for the Rookie/All-In on the second Kickstarter.

I only want to sleeve cards that receive regular shuffling. Since I don't have the game yet, I'm unsure which cards these are for sure, but based on what I've read these are the Action cards (blue back) and Exploration cards (foggy back). So, for sure I'm going to want to sleeve all of these. As I said, I'm all-in on the WCUMCD expansion and all of the optional card scenarios, so any Exploration or Action cards to be found in those sets, I'll want to sleeve. (The BGG community FAQ does not yet include info on the expansion).

In addition to the Action and Exploration cards receiving regular shuffling, what other cards in the game are shuffled? As I understand, the Adventure cards (green/gold backs) are simply laid down and replaced in their boxes, and receive gentle treatment, so I don't see the need to sleeve these.

Any advice you can provide will be very helpful and greatly appreciated, as there does not seem to be any definitive info out there.

Thanks!
Posté
I think there are many variations on how to sleeve this game to achieve personal satisfaction, but I'll try to describe the reasoning behind my way of doing it.

Sleeve these cards, in some kind of priority:
1. Any cards that can end up in the action deck - because they are very frequently shuffled.
2. Exploration cards - because they are frequently shuffled.
3. Any cards that are sometimes kept in the players'/group's hand/inventory/journal/etc areas - because 1. they are handled at least somewhat frequently by possibly careless/dirty hands and 2. it is nice to have all of these cards sleeved, rather than having a messy mixture of sleeved/unsleeved cards.
4. Any cards not included above that are shuffled more often than very rarely.
5. I also sleeve the (top 90% of the) storage divider cards, because I've found that they get visibly damaged/worn very quickly otherwise.
6. Maybe some more stray cards just because I have some sleeves over. :)

After sleeving the above, the only non-sleeved cards will be (the majority of) the adventure cards which does not match any of the above criteria.

As for what cards belong to these groups then, I can answer somewhat for the already released parts, but for the not yet released stuff it is an educated guess at best. There are posts where people try to keep track of what we know about the upcoming cards, I don't have a link at the moment though.

(There are some spoilers marked below. All of them are the card numbers matching the text immediately after the spoiler tag. The minor ones are those already listed in the BGGFAQ. The medium ones are those that are not listed in the BGGFAQ.)

1: These cards are those in Table 1.2 in the BGGFAQ V1.1B - generic/specific curse cards, basic skill cards, character skill cards, advanced skill cards and at least "one more" card which you will find out about when playing.
2: These cards are those in Table 1.3 in the BGGFAQ V1.1B - all the exploration cards, easily identifiable numbered with the I-X roman numerals.
3: Here is where it gets interesting. These include the character cards, the satchel & journal card, the clue cards and any other cards that can end up in the satchel/journal or players' hands/inventories. The last group includes the
"003"
experience cards, the
"050"
journal cards, the
"001"
meat and
"002"
fish cards, and a (perhaps surprisingly) large number of assorted other adventure cards. I also include the (PoR expansion) pocket watch card in this group.
4: This group includes a (again, perhaps surprisingly large) number of adventure cards that fulfill the criteria that 1. there are several cards with the same "number" and color (green/gold), 2. not all of them are the same and 3. there are more than 2-3 of them (i.e. necessitating some shuffling/randomization at times). Most of them are in Table 1.1 in the BGGFAQ V1.1B, in addition to those already mentioned above you will find: the
"100"-"108"
status cards, the
"150" & "250"
hunting results, the
"200" & "300"
fishing results, the
"666"
grave cards. I don't see why the BGGFAQ lists the
"000"
level up cards though, but it might become obvious to me at some later stage perhaps. I would also add some more, like the
"350"
treasure cards, the (expansion)
"449" & "499"
icy maze cards and the
"500"
path of repentance cards . This is not an exhaustive list! Looking at the cards list you will be able to find more cards fitting this group. Maybe you want to sleeve all the duplicate (=matching number and color) non-identical adventure cards, to remind yourself of randomizing when drawing from these.
5: Not much to say about this, I think we got ~30 divider cards from the first Kickstarter ("all in" pledge), but there will be some more dividers in the "fixed" edition of the second Kickstarter.
6: This could include cards like the save dividers (8 item "dice" cards, the action deck card and the discard pile card). Not anything important at all though.

Did that help at all? :)
Posté
Wow KRBJ, this is the best, most detailed and helpful description I've found yet. Thank you.

I'm not ready to reveal any spoiler links however, so I am unable to fully appreciate what you've written here. However, I'm sure others who have played the game already will find this very helpful.

I think what newbies like me really need is an "anonymous" list of cards to sleeve (without any spoilers). Just tell us what to sleeve based on the criteria of shuffling, and leave it at that. (And honestly, I feel Serious Poulp should be helping with this.)

As someone who has never played the game before, I don't need to know the card numbers that hide the hunting results, I just need to know that at some point in the game, cards xxx through xxx will be shuffled. That's enough for me to sleeve it..

Suggestion: SP could revise the master card index list and place an * next to each card that's shuffled at some point in the game. Example: 365*.

What do you think?
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ 2nd Kickstarter Campaign6 messages