Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 messages
Posté
I am playing this game for the first time. Early on I drew one of the skill cards that are one of the five unique skills to the character I chose. For this game it is Howard. I drew Dark Whispers and it is now in my hand, it is card A0091. It states the following,
'The following effect applies as long as you have this in hand: Orientate, Think or Pray. (all three actions are in a brown box) which gives -1 required skill card to draw and/or 1 gold star +1 goldstar over a 7.

On the card I am standing, I want to go see/investigate as an action. The cost is 1 mandatory action card drawn and requires 0 successes needed. If I choose to orientate by using the Dark Whispers card, I can apply -1 required success to be drawn. If I do so, do I need to discard this skill card from my hand?

There is nothing on the card stating I have to discard it after using it. Just that it needs to be in my hand to apply the above effects.

Thanks for the help and I will 100% be asking more questions while I enjoy my solo play through.

PS
Can't wait for 7th Citadel!
Posté
I feel like I should not be able to do this as I'd be able to move for free without having to draw from the action deck. I realize I am super lucky to draw this card that's unique to the character so early, so maybe I can do it. Just wanted to ask so I don't unknowingly cheat.
Posté - Edité
Hi Adamnasa55 and welcome to this forum ! :-)

First, I would like to advice you 2 tips :
  • You can use the emoji tool on this forum to display game icons (but for brown square, you must write something like [:action_condition::action_move:]
  • You should watch the Game rules in video for more context. And maybe read again the rules after that. ;-)

Now, some elements to answer your case :
  • You don't discard a card from your hand if the card doesn't explain it. Exception : At the end of your turn, you must keep your hand under the limit size of your hand (depends number of player and sometimes game effects).
    ==> So, you can keep and use Dark whispers as long as you want. But this card is not so precious and you will probably decide later to discard it for another one in another game context.

• Each icon of effect :action_condition: can be use for the same kind of action :action_empty:
    ==> I'm not sure about the case you describe, but "Orientate" effect [:action_condition::action_orientate:] is not valid for "Go to see" action :action_go_see: nor for "Walk/move" action :action_move: or :action_pathfind:. So, I don't see any free move possible in your case.

• An action like :action_empty:1:card_blue:/0:icon_succes: don't ask you to draw, but let you the option of drawing 1 if you want.
    Drawing is mandatory if :icon_locked: is present (but you can reduce the cost to 0 with a card effect :action_condition:).
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points5 messages