Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points8 messages
Posté - Edité
Need help in the Bloody Hunt curse :
With Bloody Hunt, Card 11 lets you take Card 19.
If you clear card 19, I assume you can then do Card 11 as normal to try to get the gear, but how should you address if you get the octopus again after you defeated it? I guess the rules would say you have to fight it again? But is there any rules allowance to say you can skip it and get the gear easier?
Posté
Hello :)

You make a mistake : if you finish the card
with success, this card go to your Satchel :icon_journal:, so you can't draw it later.
And if you fail, the card stay into play as it is a permanent event. You can't search for
the gear
except if you save & reload the game, and decide to not use the flag :flag_curse_sm:.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté - Edité
If I finish card 019 with success and move it to my Satchel, can't I do the 011 action again? If so I might draw the octopus I just defeated.

The rules just say you can't do an action if a permanent event is out for it, which allows for doing it again after you remove such an event.
Posté
I don't see clearly where is your problem, sorry.
  • On terrain card 007, you resolve the :action_observe: action.
  • You draw the card 011 but you decide to return it to draw 019 instead.
  • You succeed card 019 ==> this card is in your satchel.
  • There's no permanent event close to your Terrain card : you can resolve the :action_observe: action again.
  • You draw the card 011 (no possibility to choose 019 because the card is not available).
  • You can search :action_search: the gear on the body. Tips !
    You can search 2 times if you encounter the "bad" 031 card!
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posté
Thematically there's an octopus and body, and 2 ways to defeat the octopus, but you can draw both, so it's a little weird.

If I clear 019, I've killed the octopus! But then if I then choose to draw the 011 cards I can get the octopus again and have to fight it again! Which doesn't fit with the story telling I guess. When things like that happen can you decide to just not fight the octopus a second time since it fits better? or are there actually 2 octopus?
Posté
I think that there are 2
octopus
!
The 019 one is Power Daddy, and the other is Anger Mamma. ^^
Posté
I guess that works too ;) Thanks!
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Rules and Operating Points8 messages