Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General6 messages
Posté
Have you died...?

...died again...and again!!!

I have.
Although a little frustrating, I keep bouncing back for more. Is anyone else suffering from Ground Hog Day? Or are you finding this game a walk in the park?
Posté
Here is the summary of my experience for now.

Voracious Goddess
  • Game 1: ~ 15h of play (discovery so very slow rhythm): Exploration and death before reaching the voracious goddess.
  • Game 2: ~ 12h of game: Death just before the end of the curse (
    just after having recovered the 2nd eye in the ice
    ) because not enough optimization of the hunts and equipment.
  • Game 3: ~ 10h of play: Success easy like a walk in the park. Optimization and luck helping, I could almost continue on another curse so much I felt nice.

An Offering to the Guardians
  • Game 1: ~ 10h of game. Exploration but quickly I had the opportunity to follow the History of the Continent. I have finished this "secondary" quest very satisfactory, but impossible to continue the offering to the guardians after such an investigation.
  • Game 2 and 3: ~ 8 hours of play each. Exploration in 3 different directions to discover all the elements necessary for the curse. Death due to a assumed lack of optimization.
  • Game 4: ongoing. I have all the elements to succeed (I chose my ideal path) and I concentrate on the essential and it is very well suited for a success!

So, yes there's a real sensation of "Edge of Tomorrow / Ground Hog Day" but I like very much to learn more each time : Explore, discover, understand, optimize then realize. A wide panel of sensation despite games that are similar in fact. :-)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
First time i did the VG I didn't even get of the first island in the right direction. No gears meant swimming (
although later that seemed to be a shortcut
).

Second time I
fell of the bridge
and got a bit lost. I found my way back but the life energy was lacking.

Third time now is the charm. I
got over the bridge
but when seeing other people's comment, I don't know if I'm going to beat the curse on my first attempt.
:flag_curse_sm: : 0/7 :icon_curse: : 2 :action_think: : 12h (6 sessions)
Posté - Edité
kar86 a écrit :
First time i did the VG I didn't even get of the first island in the right direction. No gears meant swimming (
although later that seemed to be a shortcut
).

Second time I
fell of the bridge
and got a bit lost. I found my way back but the life energy was lacking.

Third time now is the charm. I
got over the bridge
but when seeing other people's comment, I don't know if I'm going to beat the curse on my first attempt.

Same happened to me Kar86.
When I had the proto, it took me 3 attempts to get off the first island. I did it another 4 times before getting the game.

First thing I did is play a different curse that started in a different location...one hour in...dead.
"Lets start with VG" I said...=)

I have died 5 times through, pushing my luck, forgetting I had something in my backpack, rushing and falling asleep while playing. Learnt lots of tricks and skills each time. The game had a learning curve. Better than anything I have ever played before. I can't wait to die again,

Firebird a écrit :
So, yes there's a real sensation of "Edge of Tomorrow / Ground Hog Day" but I like very much to learn more each time : Explore, discover, understand, optimize then realize. A wide panel of sensation despite games that are similar in fact. :-)

Every game is a nail bitter. Every choise is a challenge. Every game is different, with a barrel full of emotions =)
Posté
badgerthebrave a écrit :
When I had the proto, it took me 3 attempts to get off the first island. I did it another 4 times before getting the game.

First thing I did is play a different curse that started in a different location...one hour in...dead.
"Lets start with VG" I said...=)

I have died 5 times through, pushing my luck, forgetting I had something in my backpack, rushing and falling asleep while playing.

It seems to me that this frequency of death is huge. I can't imagine how you die in 1 hour, except if you draw 5+ cards for each action.
Are you sure to apply the rules correctly ? There's maybe a misunderstood point that ruins your lifetime ?
Don't forget to survive : accept to fail some actions; sometimes leaves your curiosity aside; don't hesitate to use/break your items instead of draw to many cards; find a hunting spot and eat (with fire) before the action deck is empty.

badgerthebrave a écrit :
Firebird a écrit :

Every game is a nail bitter. Every choise is a challenge. Every game is different, with a barrel full of emotions =)

I spoke about "game sessions" in T7C. Excuse me for the use of a bad expression.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
You are excused Firebird. :D'
Of course I was playing it wrong. This was two years ago, with the prototype and was unaware of the style of game. I also had questions that I had to run past Bruno. I think if you watched my how to play video, there are a few rules I explain incorrectly :icon_success-right:
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ General6 messages