Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect24 messages
Posté
Clipper a écrit :
First, I believe the joining the game rules in English actually say you actually have to discard the whole item if it is over the limit.

They say to "Immediately apply the new hand and inventory size limits, by discarding any excess cards and/or items in each player’s hand and/or inventory." It doesn't specifically call out item cards within your inventory, so this would not fall under the umbrella of times at which you are allowed to deconstruct an item. Thus, you would have to discard the whole item.

It's a bit off-topic, but I disagree with this part.
Example with a solo game that become a 2-players game : The rule ask the player to discard excess cards if a Item is too big (4 to 3 cards max), and to discard a whole Item if the number of Items exceed the limit (4 to 3 items max).
This rule target any inventory card just like an effect could target any "will" card. You applies the text but you chooses which allowed card to discard.

---
Anyway, I agree with the rest of your comment :
- B.1 is the best solution.
- I think that your extrem example is valid.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté
Clipper a écrit :
Assume we had a card that stated "In your inventory, this card counts as two cards towards the stacking limit." In a solo game, you could add this card to a stack with 3/4 item cards in it, as the stack is not full and you ignore the text on the card when combining items. The stack then is at 5/4 cards, so must be corrected and you could voluntarily deconstruct any card of your choosing. I don't think this is what Bruno expects, but it's the only way to apply the same logic as is used in the Woven Basket case.

I'd say the card couldn't be added because you're trying to circumvent the limit rule on a technicality. But you know before adding the card that its effect will make the stack exceed its limit as soon as the card is added.
Posté
Firebird a écrit :
This rule target any inventory card just like an effect could target any "will" card. You applies the text but you chooses which allowed card to discard.

The rule does say you can only deconstruct a card out of an item via an effect of the Item card you are discarding. This rule can be stretched to say the keyword is an effect of the card, so an effect that targets that keyword fits that particular ruling. I can't see any way it can be stretched to cover discarding a card out of an Item which is over its limit, though. There is absolutely no way that the over-limit case can be assumed to be an effect of a card in the Item.

Thus, while it's clear that Bruno is allowing another method to circumvent the deconstruction rule, the rules definitely disagree in their current form.

tomtom a écrit :
I'd say the card couldn't be added because you're trying to circumvent the limit rule on a technicality. But you know before adding the card that its effect will make the stack exceed its limit as soon as the card is added.

But knowing the limit will not actually be exceeded as soon as you add the card is not enough according to you, so this seems like a double standard. Or are you saying that it is valid to read the rules description as sometimes saying you need to take the limit after the new card is added into account?
Posté
Clipper a écrit :
Firebird a écrit :

The rule does say you can only deconstruct a card out of an item via an effect of the Item card you are discarding. This rule can be stretched to say the keyword is an effect of the card, so an effect that targets that keyword fits that particular ruling. I can't see any way it can be stretched to cover discarding a card out of an Item which is over its limit, though. There is absolutely no way that the over-limit case can be assumed to be an effect of a card in the Item.

Thus, while it's clear that Bruno is allowing another method to circumvent the deconstruction rule, the rules definitely disagree in their current form.

The sentence in bold is an error but it's not your fault because the rule is badly written on this point.
Source : Bruno's validation in the french forum
You can deconstruct a card out of an item via an effect from any card (and of course from any other rule). In fact, deconstruction is not a rarely exception but you are able to apply it only when the game give you the opportunity (so, not voluntarily).
==> The rule for discarding a single inventory card when we need to adjust when a new player arrives is valid.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Forums/ The 7th Continent/ Card effect24 messages